I am currently looking a Development Manager for my client in London. The Development Consultancy Team provides specialist advisory services for residential, alternative residential and mixed-use development, to a wide range of private, public and third sector clients across the development cycle.
The nature of our work is diverse and varies depending on the requirements of the project and client. Their involvement is cradle to grave and they pride ourselves on our expertise and experience, enabling them to add value throughout the development process.
My client provides a unique offering in the market, bringing significant growth potential.
- Lead on the day-to-day planning, management and delivery of projects delivering development consultancy services, with oversight from senior team members.
- Delivery of multiple projects simultaneously, with varying requirements and deadlines.
- Programming and management of individual upcoming workload and day-to-day deliverables with minimal oversight.
- Ownership of scheme financial analysis including appraisal development, testing, data collection and inputting, challenging assumptions and influencing the direction of development to maximise client outcomes.
- Working as an integral part of the team to contribute to team commercial and financial targets within the business unit.
- Participate in converting new consultancy commissions through inputting into formal bidding processes and identifying direct client requirements.
- Develop an understanding of project commercial performance and drivers and how these can be improved.
- Build and maintain client relationships for the purposes of furthering Arcadis commercial objectives and generating repeat business.
- Contribute to team knowledge and expertise though industry, sector and market developments.
- Relevant degree (real estate, surveying, construction, planning, finance).
- 2-6 years real estate development / development advisory experience in consultancy or client side.
- MRICS / MRTPI / other professional qualifications useful but not essential. Support provided for MRICS qualification (P&D
pathway) if required.
- Familiarity and experience of some / all of residential, alternative residential (BTR, co-living, student accommodation)
and mixed-use development and investment.
- Practical knowledge of the planning and development process with a focus on pre-construction stages including options
analysis, project programming, design development and the planning process.
- Knowledge of development delivery options and procurement processes including joint venture structuring and the
associated pros and cons of each.
- Experience working on complex, large scale development opportunities including urban estate regeneration with
decanting, new settlements and garden villages, portfolios and multi-phase schemes.
- Financial aptitude and ability to build, populate, analyse and challenge real estate development financial appraisals from
scratch using Excel and Argus.
- Knowledge of the real estate development market and some / all of the various participants including registered providers,
local authorities, government agencies, developers, housebuilders, investors, funds, lenders.
- Experience managing multiple projects and prioritising competing deliverables to meet internal and external requirements.
- An enthusiastic, self-confident team player with a can-do attitude, comfortable operating under pressure in a supportive
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, and report / presentation production.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further then please forward a copy of your CV in the first instance.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.