Job Title: CRE Drainage Project Manager
Sector: Drainage, Groundworks, Lining, Embankment Earthworks, Civil Engineering
Job Type: Permanent role (Full Time) (Part Time may be considered)
Start: Q1 2023
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 Per Annum + Package
** Base salary negotiable on level & relevant experience
Our client, a specialist Rail & Civil Engineering subcontractor within the Construction sector, is currently looking for a CRE / Project Manager to join their Rail team on a permanent basis, a role with a key focus on Drainage. In this role, you will work on drainage schemes, being responsible for verifying external / subcontract designs, through to running projects as and when required.
This is a key role during the tender, planning, construction, commissioning and handback phases, providing the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects in the Kent & Sussex region. As CRE you will support Civils Asset Management Projects, Design implementation and assurance, Quality inspections and ITP assurance, dealing with high-risk work items, holding responsibility for the development of technical solutions, in addition to programme & budgetary control, HSQE considerations, design co-ordination, and early constructability reviews.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and verifying designs provided by external design engineers ensuring competence of feasibility, providing suitable comments, supported by relevant civils standards.
- Ensuring assurance process are followed, overseeing design progress against schedule and budget.
- Review, negotiate and recommend for approval/disapproval on design change orders.
- Supporting with tendering / pricing of civils works (mostly drainage, with associated civils works – embankment stabilisations, earthworks, concrete foundations, piling, retaining walls, walkways, groundworks, UTX’s etc)
- Act as construction CRE on emerging projects, running projects as required.
- Where applicable, work within a Principle Contractor role to manage external civils sub-contractors.
- Prepare early warning and change instruction documentation.
- Identification of risk and opportunity in the design and the design/construct interface
- Assess standard of proposed work, undertaking inspections and preparing full reports.
- Input and coordinate review of constructability, value engineering and contractor preferences.
- Review temporary works and assist the designer in controlling the temporary works requirements.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture and the use of best practice.
- Support and coordinate hand back process for project close out.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost effectiveness.
- Work with the Commercial Team, negotiate revisions and changes and additions to contractual agreements.
- Implement and maintain quality systems.
- Regular reporting to the Contractors Engineering Manager.
- Responsible for managing technical aspects of drainage projects or components of major projects, meeting financial, quality and timeframe objectives and meeting or exceeding client expectations.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have worked in a similar role before, as CRE & Project Manager, delivering drainage works within the rail sectors, amongst other civil engineering / groundworks.
- Have circa 10 years’ experience working within the civil engineering, with 2+ years’ experience as CRE.
- Hold a relevant academic qualification, such as a degree, or equivalent.
- Have a membership to a relevant professional body, such as ICE (Desirable not essential)
- Have relevant qualifications such as CSCS, PTS etc.
- An in-depth understanding of drainage, civil engineering and rail principles/procedures.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Network Rail’s GRIP process.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.