Job Title: Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM)
Location: Northampton / Milton Keynes
Sector: Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Earthworks, Highways, Bridges, Rail, EWR2
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q1 2021
Salary: Circa £60,000 to £70,000 Per Annum + Package
** (Base salary can be negotiated on level/relevant experience)
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering and Construction Contractor who operate within the Infrastructure sector, has an excellent opportunity available for a Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM) to join their team on a permanent basis and manage the delivery of a major phase of works for EWR2 (East West Rail).
This role would suit an experienced CEM who enjoys the challenge of large/complex major infrastructure projects, that incorporate rail and heavy civil engineering elements, including but not limited to earthworks, drainage and structures etc, inclusive of temporary works.
In return, our client offers an exceptional salary + package, inclusive of car/car allowance and bonus, coupled with a productive working environment & effective working processes, allowing you to achieve the desired results in the most efficient and stress-free manner.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for all technical and engineering activities.
- Undertaking CEM duties in accordance with Network Rail Standards.
- Reviewing client requirements and suggesting alterations where applicable.
- Ensuring that the project complies with its obligations, in compliance with all Network Rail Standards.
- Nominating and overseeing all CREs for the project in accordance with Network Rail Standards.
- Interfacing directly with the employer's project Design and Engineering teams, as well as design service consultants and providers.
- Ensuring that designs are feasible and being accountable for delivering design solutions.
- Assessing and highlighting risk / opportunity.
- Supporting the Project Manager with managing the contract, relating to Engineering compliance and Design assurance for a particular project.
- Providing guidance on engineering and design matters to internal and external stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for the inspection and test plans across the company ensuring they are fit for purpose and conducting as required.
- Implementing HSQE systems onto the project, reviewing and amending systems to ensure project compliance.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have previously undertaken the role of CEM.
- Be Network Rail accepted as CRE and CEM.
- Have extensive Experience in Rail Engineering & Design Assurance and Documentation requirements.
- Have a competent knowledge of Design & Engineering Procedures
- Have a relevant qualification such as an Engineering Degree (Or similar).
- Have Chartered Engineer status (ideal, not essential).
- Hold a valid PTS (ideal, not essential).
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.