To provide a full time professional, effective and efficient procurement service.
You will be required to develop and maintain a close understanding and up-to-date knowledge of material and plant hire markets, products and suppliers and also be responsible for communicating between site supervisors and suppliers to ensure delivery of goods in a timely manner and within budget on each project.
Appraise suppliers, select suppliers from the approved suppliers list, issue enquiries and orders and liaise closely with various key stakeholders.
Additionally you will be expected to progress the delivery of orders resolving any discrepancies with suppliers and to manage invoice queries as appropriate whilst maintaining and adhering to internal procedures.
This position affords the opportunity for the appointed buyer to work on one of the largest ever infrastructure projects in the UK’s history, HS2.
• Follow the contracts programme and ensure timely provision of specified equipment and supplies.
• To be able to adapt quickly and efficiently to programme requirements and ensure arrangements are in place to transport rig and site equipment from site to site.
• Appraise potential suppliers and expedite the quality assurance of them and negotiate on price ethically and appropriately.
• To raise and manage orders, chase scheduled deliveries by liaising with suppliers and track on-hire reports and collection of off-hired items.
• Keep the transport ledger updated on a weekly basis and assist as appropriate with KPI data.
• Keep hired plant location sheets updated on a weekly basis.
• To ensure certification of hired plant is up to date, appropriately archived and renewed ahead of expiry dates.
Along with having a strong construction procurement background, we are keen to hear from candidates with the following attributes
• To be confident, and have excellent, assured communication skills both verbally and written.
• Have the ability to adapt and amend workload priorities in a regularly changing environment.
• Excellent IT skills – Microsoft packages including Outlook, Excel, Word.
• Either educated to A-level standard / CIPS level 4 qualified / 3-5 years’ experience in a construction procurement environment.
• SAP experience
About the company
Our client is one of the UKs leaders in geotechnical solutions. Most of their client’s contract with them on small jobs, and delivering these on time, to high quality, every time is what builds their reputation and makes them the contractor of choice locally.
As part of a global company, they also have the financial strength, know-how, capacity and the global reach to tackle larger and more demanding projects.
- Sector: Civil Engineering
- Contact: Andy McKenzie
- Contact Email: Andy.McKenzie@Anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 02380 21221
- Expiry Date: 09 November 2021
- Job Ref: 394364AMC