Timber Frame Design Engineer
£35K-£45K + Package (dependant on experience)
Our client are a fast growing off-site manufacturer who typically have grown significantly over the last few years, due to this exceptional growth they are now expanding their timber frame operations and are recruiting for a timber frame design engineer to join the business. They typically focus on residential projects across the South West and London and their currently factory has the capacity to produce circa 500 per annum.
As the Timber Frame Design Engineer you will prepare and coordinate designs for new modular timber frame units and production drawings for a bespoke and unique pre-consented newbuild houses utilising design within special manufacturing software.
Job Role & Requirements
- Develop and establish clarity and excellence in design processes for the drawing office.
- Preparation of calculations, proposals and written reports and the checking of drawings.
- Checking of design drawings done by other engineers and technicians.
- Continual evaluation and improvement of existing structural and manufacturing designs for increased cost effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
- Providing technical advice to sales and estimating functions.
- Produce accurate and efficient timber frame modular designs.
- Create and produce accurate structural calculations to enable safe and most efficient timber frame modular designs.
- Co-ordinate external structural engineering information including NHBC and other industry insurers design certification.
- Educated to degree level in Structural Engineering.
- You will have experience of offsite manufacturing, preferably within the timber frame industry.
- Experience of doing structural calculations
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Good working knowledge of Building Regs, Robust Details, NHBC and CDM regulations.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.