About the role
Our client have an opportunity for a Store Person/Driver who will play an important role in supporting their Ground Investigations operations team by organising incoming and outgoing equipment, samples and ensuring that the necessary consumables and equipment are delivered to meet the needs of the on-site operations teams including active construction sites and linear projects for roads and railways.
They are looking for a professional, dynamic and motivated individual with ability to work alone and as part of a team. You are likely to have experience working in construction, materials testing or other industrial environment where health and safety is key.
This opportunity will allow you to take responsibility for organising their Central stores Recording and storing samples and liaising with a courier to despatch samples to internal and external laboratories for testing, as well as ensuring that stock levels are maintained.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, and liaising with other internal managers, you will be organised and flexible with an eye for detail. You should hold a full driving licence valid in the UK to enable you to collect and deliver items to our field teams, as well as a fork-lift licence. You need be aware that this role will include significant manual handling and the necessity to work safely.
You will be a key member of the team and your responsibilities will also include
* Accepting deliveries of site consumables
* Regular reviews of stored samples for onward disposal
* Managing and maintaining equipment within the stores
* Maintaining a high level of tidiness in the stores
* Maintaining the appearance of the delivery vehicle to a high standard.
* Daily visual checks on the forklift and arranging professional maintenance if necessary.
* Ensuring that others working within the stores wear relevant PPE and have been inducted.
* Experience working in a stores environment
* Computer literacy
* The ability to prioritise and manage your time effectively
* Mobility, flexibility and commitment
* This role is based in Coventry will travel across their UK sites, so a full driving licence is essential.
They are a fast-growing business and industry leaders that means they are able to offer a wide range of career opportunities.
With over 100 years of history, our client is a leading provider of testing, inspection and compliance services, operating across three sectors and offering a wide range of technical expertise and accredited services, including consultancy. Proud of their innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve, they put people at the heart of what they do, employing people throughout a large network of UKAS accredited laboratories and offices.
In return, we offer free on-site parking, complimentary hot drinks, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, company pension and discounts on high street shopping, as well as opportunities for training and development.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.