We are currently looking for a site checking engineer for a 12 month contract based at Hellesdon Hospital, Norrwich.
Hours of work – 0730 - 1700
Job Title: Site Checking Engineer
Job Overview: Site Checking Engineer is responsible for overseeing and inspecting construction or installation activities at project sites to ensure they meet quality, safety, and compliance standards. They work closely with project managers, contractors, and other stakeholders to identify and address any issues that may arise during the construction process.
- Site Inspections: Conduct regular site inspections to verify that work is being performed according to approved plans, specifications, and quality standards.
- Quality Control: Monitor and enforce quality control measures to ensure that materials, workmanship, and construction techniques meet industry standards and project requirements.
- Safety Compliance: Ensure that all work on the site complies with safety regulations and standards. Identify and address safety hazards promptly.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records of site inspections, observations, and reports. Document any deviations from project plans or quality standards and report them to the relevant parties.
- Issue Resolution: Collaborate with contractors, subcontractors, and project managers to address and resolve any construction-related issues or disputes that may arise during the project.
- Progress Monitoring: Track and report on the progress of construction activities, highlighting any delays or deviations from the project schedule.
- Material Testing: Oversee and coordinate material testing, if necessary, to ensure that construction materials meet project specifications and quality standards.
- Communication: Communicate regularly with project stakeholders, including project managers, engineers, architects, and regulatory authorities, to provide updates on site progress and address any concerns.
- Cost Control: Assist in monitoring and controlling project costs by identifying and addressing quality-related issues promptly to prevent rework and additional expenses.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure that the construction site adheres to all relevant building codes, permits, and regulations. Obtain necessary permits and approvals as required.
- Environmental Compliance: Monitor and enforce environmental regulations and practices to minimize the project's impact on the environment.
- Relevant certifications, CSCS, SMSTS AQP card
- Strong knowledge of construction methods, materials, and safety regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to identify and address quality issues.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Proficiency in using construction management software and tools.