To provide a full Quantity Surveying function at a Senior level within a Joint Venture environment in line with the commercial guidelines employed within the clients Group of companies and those relevant to their specific JV obligations.
This position affords the opportunity for the SQS to work on one of the largest ever infrastructure projects in the UK’s history, HS2.
• Administer contractual terms and conditions for suppliers and sub- contractors and incentivisation arrangements as appropriate (NEC experience is essential)
• Support the assessment of EWNs and compensation events and provide regular cash flow forecast of expenditure for package
• Report expenditure against the package budget on a monthly basis and finalise contractors accounts and close out contracts for the project.
• Raising consultant, supplier or contractor instructions as necessary for signature by approved parties whilst assisting the package project manager in resolving all financial commercial issues
• Support the change control process and assist in identifying the cost implications of any proposed changes
• Responsibility for tendering documentation, procurement and payment of sub-contractors and where appropriate suppliers.
• Contract and warranty review and agreement pre-contract.
• Agreeing Final Accounts and execute warranties and bonds in line with company procedures.
Along with having a strong SQS background in the construction industry, we are keen to hear from candidates with the following
• Proven experience as a main or specialist contractor in a commercial role.
• Quantity Surveying Degree.
• IT literate in Excel, Word and accounts packages.
• Full UK driving licence.
• Professional Membership of e.g. ICE/RICS.
• Prior experience in piling/ground engineering sector.
About the company
Our client is one of the UKs leaders in geotechnical solutions. Most of their client’s contract with them on small jobs, and delivering these on time, to high quality, every time is what builds their reputation and makes them the contractor of choice locally.
As part of a global company, they also have the financial strength, know-how, capacity and the global reach to tackle larger and more demanding projects.
- Sector: Civil Engineering
- Contact: Andy McKenzie
- Contact Email: Andy.McKenzie@Anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 02380 21221
- Expiry Date: 02 November 2021
- Job Ref: 394249AMC