Job Title - Senior Buyer
Company – 5* House Builder
Location - West Cheshire based office & Hybrid working
Salary and package - Competitve salary and package
My client is a well-established 5* national house builder with an ever-growing reputation as a high end, high-quality, award-winning house builder, who are looking to expand even further into 2022 with plans to build circa 700 new homes.
In your role as a senior buyer, you will be responsible for purchasing all materials used throughout the business. You will also develop reliable supply sources and purchase all materials required for the Company’s business requirements, using Group deals where required, at competitive rates, within set budgets and guaranteeing deliveries can be completed within a programme of works and arranging payment for goods and materials. You will also ensure that all company Group Purchasing specifications, policies and procedures are adhered to.
Your role will be split between 3 days in the office and 2 at home during the week.
Responsible for: No direct reports
Responsible to: Purchasing Manager, Commercial Director
· Source different prices for materials, combine and analyse the returned quotations.
· Place orders with suitable suppliers for specified materials ensuring goods are delivered on the required date and purchased at competitive rates and within budget.
· Ensure that the quality of materials are in line with required standards.
· Ensure compliance to Company guidelines, health and safety, policies and procedures and any relevant legislation.
· Ensure continuous supply of materials, communicate any supply problems which pose a risk or impact to business operations.
· Explore opportunities to reduce costs where possible.
· Control and manage approved site material budgets
· Interview and appoint new / potential suppliers as and when required.
· Attend site Project Meetings when necessary
· Study and analyse markets to make recommendations of possible changes which would create savings whilst keeping high quality standards.
· Inform other departments of all relevant information regarding changes in materials, major price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations.
· Ensure that Group Buying deals are used.
· Maintain the purchasing information system on the computer for the Division
· Action verified invoices when not automatically sanctioned via the purchasing computer information system.
· Monitor damages, theft and maintenance on invoices received within the division.
· Assist the Purchasing Manager and / or Commercial Department as necessary
· Action site requests for additional materials that are not covered on the bulk orders.
· Authorise all site call-offs for bulk materials.
· Order and authorise the hire of plant equipment and small tools.
· Chase deliveries from suppliers that are overdue or urgent.
· Visit suppliers’ premises to assess products and procedures.
· Organise health and safety and welfare / utilities facilities for sales and site staff – including compound set up and sales cabins.
· Liaise with relevant colleagues across the business with relation to new site starts, technical problems, new suppliers, and general queries.
· Contribute to improving the business, protecting, and enhancing the reputation of the company, by putting forward new ideas and, when requested to do so, implementing change.
· Experience with either a housing developer or builders merchants
· Calm approach to situations
· Commercially astute
· Ability to understand working drawings, schedule and check material quantities
· Team orientated, willing to learn and develop within a fast moving department
· Flexible approach to dealing with issues and challenges
· Good level of interpersonal skills
· Literature in the use of IT
· Self-motivated and able to plan and organise effectively to meet tight timescales
· Resilient in the face of challenging situations and deadlines
· Possess an understanding of the fundamentals and processes required to develop a housing development.
· Manages time effectively to ensure that deadlines are met
· Competitve salary and package - depending on experience
If you want to apply please email me firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require more information please ring me 07980 006 436 / 0161 832 7577
- Sector: Construction
- Contact: Alex Smith
- Contact Email: Alexandra.Smith@Anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 0161 832 7577
- Expiry Date: 03 February 2022
- Job Ref: 395128ASM
Job Title - Senior Buyer