To provide a full time professional, effective and efficient procurement service to the Purchasing and Logistics function. You will be required to develop and maintain a close understanding and up-to-date knowledge of material and plant hire markets, products and suppliers.
You will also be responsible for communicating between site supervisors and suppliers to
ensure delivery of goods in a timely manner and within budget on each project. You will appraise suppliers, select suppliers from the approved suppliers list, issue enquiries and orders and liaise closely with various key stakeholders.
Additionally, you will be expected to progress the delivery of orders resolving any discrepancies with suppliers and to manage invoice queries as appropriate whilst maintaining and adhering to internal procedures.
• To follow the contracts programme and ensure timely provision of specified equipment and supplies for Projects.
• Adapt quickly and efficiently to site requirements. Showing attention to detail and initiative.
• Appraise potential suppliers and expedite the quality assurance of them.
• Negotiate on price ethically and appropriately and raise and manage orders as per requirements.
• To chase scheduled deliveries by liaising with suppliers.
• Track on-hire reports and collection of off-hired items.
• Manage and order PPE, using the company portal and liaising with Stores/Plant department.
• Raise and post transport orders on a weekly basis.
• To ensure supplier documentation is up to date, appropriately archived and renewed ahead of expiry dates.
• Provide support to Estimators with acquiring quotes, and offering supplier and material recommendations.
• Obtain quotes and negotiate prices for goods and services ensuring value for money.
• Ensure delivery of goods and services within budget on each project.
• To check and manage invoices where appropriate whilst maintaining and adhering to internal procedures.
• Either educated to A-level standard / CIPS level 4 qualified / 3-5 years’ experience in a Purchasing environment.
• To have a good commercial awareness and be organised by nature.
• To be able to use own initiative.
• To be confident, and have excellent, assured communication skills both verbally and written.
• Have the ability to adapt and amend workload priorities in a regularly changing environment.
• Excellent IT skills – Microsoft packages including Outlook, Excel, Word.
• Training will be given on EVision (Purchasing software).
About the Company:
Our client is one of the UKs leaders in geotechnical solutions. Most of their clients contract with them on small jobs, and delivering these on time, to high quality, every time is what builds their reputation and makes them the contractor of choice locally. And, as part of a global company, they also have the financial strength, know-how, capacity and the global reach to tackle larger and more demanding projects.
- Sector: Construction, Civil Engineering
- Contact: Andy McKenzie
- Contact Email: Andy.McKenzie@Anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 02380 21221
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 24 May 2022
- Job Ref: 396620AMC