NEW ROLE - Buyer role - Freelance up to £450 per day - NEC form of Contract - remote based role with occasional head office travel - South Cheshire
An exciting new opportunity for a suitably qualified engineering Procurement Manager to join an Procurement Team to deliver effective subcontract procurement.
Delivering a best value supply chain by identifying and embedding category strategies whilst focusing on the needs of internal & external customers.
Working with the operational & subcontract teams to place competent subcontracts that appropriately allocate the subcontract scope within appropriate risk parameters.
General and Task Management
* Procure subcontract services, both generic and specialist in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets
* Provide an exemplary customer experience of advice and guidance to the business
* Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
* Research, analyse and evaluate areas of opportunity to reduce subcontract costs
* Develop creative and innovative procurement processes, particularly at tender stage.
* Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
* Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
* Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
* Explore alternate contractors where required.
* Assess tenders and quotations from potential subcontractors
* Act as subject matter expert for subcontract procurement and provide guidance to the project teams as required.
* Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of subcontract trades and advise others of potential impact.
* Highlight issues or concerns, when there is a risk which could prevent the organisation meeting customer demands
* Build, maintain and manage subcontract relationships and ensure transparent open lines of communications
Skills and Attributes
* NEC form of contract knowledge and experience
* Civil engineering experience
* Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
* Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
* Highly analytical, numerically astute with strong demonstrable problem-solving skills
* Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against agreed targets and deadlines
* Commercially and financially aware
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
* Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
* Proven subcontract experience, preferably within a construction / utilitys environment.
* Expert knowledge of and experience in using NEC forms of contract.
* Demonstrable ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
* Contract and supplier management experience
* Project management qualification desirable not essential
* Strong technical knowledge and understanding of operational processes within the utilities and construction sector
* Computer literate, to include advanced Excel skills
Up to £450 a day
Currently remote working with weekly South Cheshire based head office visits in the future.
If you are interested in this Procurement position then please apply via email you can send an up to date CV or call me on 07980 006 436 if you have any questions
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.