Bachelor’s Degree and Masters/MEng in geotechnical/Civils discipline
10+ years relevant experience
Our client is currently recruiting for a Principal Engineer to join an established geotechnical team at its office in Hagley in the West Midlands. The candidate will need to have a strong design background and be able to work within a team environment, supporting the design delivery of existing projects and the growth of the existing client base. Previous experience and knowledge of working in the rail environment desirable.
Role Requirements / Attributes:
• Strong geotechnical design/analytical capability in relation to slope stability, retaining walls, pile design, anchors, soil nails, foundations, drainage.
• Experience in the preparation of construction drawings, specifications and designers risk assessments
• Good understanding of ground investigation methods and interpretation of ground investigation results.
• Ability to identify and assess defects/instability features in earthworks, retaining walls and drainage systems.
• Experience in the design and specification of remedial solutions and preparation of options.
• Experience in preparing geotechnical desk study and interpretative reports.
• Experience in managing geotechnical projects.
• Experience of costing works and budget control.
• Experience of liaising with clients and suppliers.
• Experience of producing and working to design programmes.
• Previous appointment as CRE would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of industry standard software (e.g. Slope/W, WALLAP, REPUTE, TEDDS, AutoCAD etc.).
Projects typically include the inspection and assessment of embankments, cuttings, retaining walls, culverts and drainage assets predominantly within the rail network, the consideration of options for remedial or upgrading works and the design and specification of practical solutions. The successful candidate will undertake the role of CRE and be responsible for preparation of project plans, implementing site surveys, coordinating and supervising the design teams, management and checking of designs, preparation of reports, specifications and drawings, allocation of resources, budgetary control and ensuring works are completed to project specific requirements and in accordance with our HSQE procedures. Responsibilities will also include mentoring and coaching of design engineers, liaison with clients and suppliers and development of commercial and contractual arrangements.
About the company:
Founded over 40 years ago, our client is an established Engineering Consultancy providing independent services and technical advice to Commercial and Industrial Organisations, Private Businesses, Insurance Companies and Loss Adjusters, Solicitors, Finance Houses, Local Authorities, Health Authorities and Universities.
- Sector: Construction, Civil Engineering, Consulting Engineering
- Contact: Andy McKenzie
- Contact Email: Andy.McKenzie@Anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 02380 21221
- Expiry Date: 06 March 2023
- Job Ref: 399728AMC