Job Title: Pipeline Operative Labourer (Clean Water Rehabilitation)
Location: Midlands (Severn Trent Water Region)
Sector: Water, Rehab, Pipelines, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Utilities, Construction
Start Date: Q1/Q2 2022
Job Type: Permanent Role
Salary: Circa £27,000 to £34,000 Per Annum + Package
**Salary negotiable on relevant experience and level**
Our client, a specialist contractor within the Clean Water sector, is currently recruiting Operatives / Labourers, looking for someone to join their Clean Water Pipeline / Rehabilitation team. In this role, you will work with a Team Leader, completing rehabilitation works, main laying, service laying and other pipeline infrastructure repair and maintenance services, within this industry.
You will be responsible for completing daily worksheets and permits to dig, delivering high productivity, excellent quality of work and adopting best practices. This role will be physically demanding by nature and will be predominantly working outdoors.
Works will include but are not limited to:
- Water Pipeline and Mains Repair/Rehabilitation, Main Laying, Service Laying.
- Leak Detection, Under Pressure Drilling, Under Pressure Valve/Hydrant Replacement.
- Line Stopping, Sliplining, Pipebursting.
- Mains Pressure Testing & Chlorination, Water Meter Installations etc.
- Bluebox Training, Moling, use of Talbot Drilling Machine.
Please note: This role will entail participating in a standby rota.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have previously worked in a similar position, within the Clean Water / Rehabilitation / R&M sector.
- Have a working knowledge of water service fault diagnosis and repair activities.
- Have knowledge of a range of fittings and materials used within the industry.
- Hold qualifications such as:
- NRSWA, EUSR Blue Card, EUSR Safe Dig, CSCS Water Shea, CPCS (Mini Digger/Dumper licence).
- Confined Space Awareness, Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheels, Towing License.
- Have good communication, organisation and I.T. skills.
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online or call 0121 200 5520 and ask to speak to Tim Smyth at Anderselite.