Overall Job Purpose:
The Contracts Engineer will assist the Contract Manager & Supervisor as required to maintain high
standards of project delivery with the contracts team responsible for Technical, Health & Safety,
Commercial aspects of the projects.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
• Oversee & assist with multiple projects with the view to manage various projects increasing in
complexity with more experience within the role – Responsible for Production, Technical, Health &
Safety and Commercial aspects of projects.
• Prepare & Assist with Project documentation (RAMS, Lift plans, pile schedules, ITP & programs) and
communicate deliverables to the site team.
• To oversee/assist with project handovers, Pre-start and or progress meeting as required & directed
by Contract Manager.
• Assist Quantity Surveyors on final accounts and weekly values, liaise with them to ensure all
changes, variations etc. are dealt with.
• Discuss with site supervisor in relation to ground conditions to ensure complies design &
• Produce Pile schedules from information taken from engineer drawings and review pile records
conform to the schedule.
• Organise testing as required by the project specific requirements – and reviewing results are within
• Co-ordinate with Designers to ensure all technical requirements are achieved and any technical
issues are communicating back to the designs in a timely manner - Report and manage the close out
of any non-conformities that may arise.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the
organisation and externally.
• Strong computer skills – focused on Excel / Word / PowerPoint
• Minimum 12 months experience in a practical engineering or technical role.
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent preferable
• Experience working for a piling, ground engineering, or civils subcontractor.
• A valid CSCS card
• Good understanding of piling techniques.
• Commercial knowledge awareness.
• Computer literate.
• Basic understanding of geotechnics and pile design.
• Ability to lead, communicate and influence others to deliver targets.
• SSSTS or SMSTS.
About the Company:
Our client offers a comprehensive range of multi-disciplined piling solutions tailored to meet their customers needs, including steel sheet piling, driven tubes, kingpost walls, marine and bored concrete / CFA piling and steel sheet piling solutions.
As one of the UK’s leading independent piling organisations, they continuously improve, develop and expand their available pool of skillsets, through mentoring, training and recruitment.
- Sector: Construction, Civil Engineering
- Contact: Andy McKenzie
- Contact Email: Andy.McKenzie@Anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 02380 21221
- Expiry Date: 10 October 2022
- Job Ref: 398085AMC
Overall Job Purpose: