Job Title: Multi Trade Engineer / Defects Engineer
Location: Sussex / South of England
Sector: Aftercare, Defects Manager, Modular, Housing, Construction
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q3 2023
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
** Base salary negotiable on relevant experience
Our client, a growing Modular Manufacturer / Contractor, are looking for a Multi Trade Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis, to help deliver any repairs or upgrades on completed modular construction installs, on housing projects, in a timely and professional manner.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Diagnose any defect problems within the appropriate trade area, raising any potential trends / recurring issues.
- Deliver reactive multi-trade works orders in line with trade qualification and experience as evaluated, working in accordance with industry compliance.
- Complete works in a timely manner and to ensure quality of work is of a good standard.
- Ensure works and tasks are completed to a very high standard and conform to industry legislation.
- Deliver a first-class service to customers and clients.
- Ensure a good working relationship with Contractors and Sub-contractors is maintained on site.
- Respond effectively to all defect’s tasks scheduled by the Aftercare Co-ordinator/Aftercare Manager.
- Ensure defects are logged and reported back via the communication channels provided.
- Perform duties in accordance with Departmental Health & Safety Policies & Procedures.
- Liaise and arrange sub-contractor support and effectively co-ordinate their attendance to ensure defects are maintained and repaired.
- Be responsible for parts ordering and security of stock / ensure all materials used are logged in accordance with financial policies.
- Manage, rectify, and update defects tasks through the Aftercare Co-ordinator to ensure that SLAs are met.
- Manage defects to completion including breakdowns, investigations, sourcing of materials and parts, provision of quotes and to arrange the repair.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have experience working in various construction trades, delivering defects / repairs / maintenance works.
- Be professional, organised, with strong communication skills, as the role will be customer facing.
- Be able to work to tight timescales and demonstrate attention to detail, working well under pressure.
- An understanding of the need to deal with customers sensitively and to keep information confidential.
- Ability to take on individual project work and demonstrate initiative.
- Non essential – Hold a CSCS Card / SMSTS Certificate (desirable).
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on LinkedIn or via firstname.lastname@example.org