Develops detailed plans and methods for the Joint Venture construction activities.
• Controlling project documentation associated with own work whilst managing and focusing on priorities and long-term commitments in own area of responsibility.
• Ensuring compliance with Joint Venture partners and customer working procedures.
• Completing simple designs to Eurocodes (structural and geotechnical)
• Checking and commenting on the designs of others and seeking approval of own and others designs from the client – this requires responding to clients’ comments and the ability to explain your own and others designs to checking engineers.
• Communication with customer, JV team and specialist suppliers to develop methodologies.
• Inspecting temporary works to check if the design details have been followed and making sure risk mitigation measures suggested by the designer have been followed.
• BSc in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering
• Knowledge of Geotechnical processes (including site-based experience) such as piling, tremie concreting, D Walling, grouting, slope stability systems and general reinforced concrete works.
• Knowledge of temporary works systems such as working with TW procedures, TWC/TWS qualification, experience with BS 5975
• Ideally, experience working on large infrastructure projects in the geotechnical sector.
About the Company:
Our client is one of the UKs leaders in geotechnical solutions. Most of their client’s contract with them on small jobs, and delivering these on time, to high quality, every time is what builds their reputation and makes them the contractor of choice locally. And, as part of a global company, they also have the financial strength, know-how, capacity and the global reach to tackle larger and more demanding projects.
- Location: England
- Salary: £0 - 35k per year + plus package
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted about 1 year ago
- Sector: Construction, Civil Engineering
- Contact: Andy McKenzie
- Contact Email: Andy.McKenzie@Anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 02380 21221
- Expiry Date: 09 August 2022
- Job Ref: 396627AMC