Mechanical Site Manager
Do you have a strong Mechanical background with experience running jobs with internal labour and sub-contractors? Are you driven by meeting deadlines, working with a wider management team ensuring the project is running to its optimum?
An established M&E contractor, based in Manchester city centre are looking for an ambitious Mechanical Site Manager to help run the HVAC side to their development.
You (the candidate) will have the chance to prove yourself within a company who are working on some of Manchester’s most prestigious projects. This opportunity has great potential to develop into a Electrical Project Manager’s role within the coming months.
• Managing the entire HVAC fit-out elements of the project
• General assistance with the operations manager raising any necessary issues
• Retrieving quotes to ensure supply costs are as competitive as possible
• Technical Liaison and review with externals (clients, suppliers, sub-contractors)
• Attending meetings and site visits as/when required
• Able to work and learn their procedures of site management
• Willing to develop your role and advance your responsibilities further, for which you will be rewarded accordingly.
• Previous experience working on projects worth £20,000 to £3,000,000 (M&E value)
• Able to use Microsoft packages and read/interpret drawings
• NVQ, HNC or relative mechanical building services qualifications is desirable but NOT essential to the role
• Experience as an electrician is essential
• Experience in a supervisory capacity managing sub-contractors and suppliers is essential
• You must be able to communicate at all levels and be comfortable speaking with clients
• It would be a great advantage if you came from a plumbing and/or heating background
• Salary negotiable depending on experience (circa £47,500)
• Car allowance £4,000
• Private Healthcare
• 36 day holiday entitlement
• Enhanced company Pension
• Life Assurance
• Financial contributions for company mobiles