Mechanical Project Manager – Coventry – Permanent – Salary c60,000 plus car & benefits
Anderselite are recruiting on behalf of a premier building services contractor in the Coventry area for a Mechanical Project Manager.
This is a permanent role, available from April 2023 or thereafter should the selected candidate have to serve notice with their current employer. Start date is flexible to suit during Q2 2023.
The candidate will be managing designed and build projects up to £10M (M&E value) across all sectors including Commercial such as offices and warehouses, Residential being mostly apartments (including Student accommodation), Health – Hospitals and Medical Centres, Education -Schools and Universities and Leisure such as Sports Centres, Cinema and Theatres.
• Following handover of project from Estimating, gain familiarisation of all details of the project design, drawings, and specification to enable full understanding.
• Attend Pre-start meetings with Main Contractor.
• Develop programme with key dates, issue any technical submittals through to approval and any RFI’s as required for the project.
• Procure labour and subcontractor packages and materials with cost savings and to meet programme delivery requirements. Populate procurement schedule.
• Maintain commercial responsibility with value engineering, working alongside QS on variations and ensure project is managed to a profitable return.
• Project Planning and managing progress with Site Manager, leading the team ensuring compliance with Contract drawings and specification and to high standards
• Ensuring labour levels are met and materials are on site.
• Working Closely with Electrical counterpart
• Populate Quality reports and documentation required by Main Contractor
• Progress meetings with Client and Subcontractors to monitor performance and quality
• Plan and monitor Commissioning stages with Site Manager and subcontractors.
• Ensure defects are kept to a minimum.
• Formulation of O&M Manual information working with internal admin and External O&M document builder.
• Delivery of whole project to handover and final account stage.
• Demonstrable record of managing multi-million-pound D&B projects as mechanical number 1
• Good all-round mechanical knowledge with relevant qualifications.
• Effective planning and project management skills
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and prioritise workloads.
• Commercial awareness able to take full responsibility for financial performance of all mechanical elements
• Client focused and Professional.
• Good people management and ability to motivate, lead and maintain relationships.
• Excellent written and verbal skills and knowledge of business systems such as 4Projects, Fieldview and Business Collaborator would be helpful but training available.
Annual salary for this role is negotiable circa £60,000 depending on previous experience. In addition there is a discretionary company bonus scheme, company vehicle, mobile phone, laptop, PPE and company clothing provided.
Furthermore 25 days holiday plus stats as well as private healthcare and competitive pension plan.
This role can be based on site, generally across the Midlands, or in the office in Warwickshire as well as some provision for remote working from home when suitable.
This is an exiting opportunity to join an established company so in order to apply please upload your cv or call Richard on 0121 200 5520.