Job Title: Logistics Manager (HS2)
Location: Flexible (Between Coventry and Milton Keynes)
Sector: Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Earthworks, Highways, Bridges, Rail, HS2, EWR2
Type: Permanent role
Start: January/February 2021
Salary: Circa £45,000 to £60,000 Per Annum + Package
** (Base salary can be negotiated on level/relevant experience)
Our client, a growing Civil Engineering and Construction Contractor, who operate within the Infrastructure sector, has an excellent opportunity available for a Logistics Manager to join their HS2 team, managing the delivery of key HS2 projects, over the coming 4 to 5 years.
The role itself will include managing the logistical elements of a complex HS2 projects, creating, implementing and reviewing plans and procedures, to ensure the smooth delivery of the project, that follows legislation set by HS2 Ltd. This is a wide ranging role that will entail logistical planning for internal and external teams, working with subcontractors, suppliers and local councils/stakeholders to ensure plans are feasible, as well as considering any vehicles associated with the project (route planning, traffic management, delivering times, investigating road collisions etc).
The above will be achieved by working with the supply chain, to implement construction plans, auditing subcontractors, ensuring that all worked is being completed as agreed, writing construction, excavation and material plans, as well as collating and presenting project information to parties involved.
This role would suit an experienced Logistics Manager, who is a committed and methodically minded individual, that enjoys the challenge of large/complex major infrastructure projects.
In return, our client offers an exceptional salary + package, inclusive of car/car allowance and bonus, coupled with a productive working environment & effective working processes, allowing you to achieve the desired results in the most efficient and stress-free manner.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Managing all logistical elements for a large HS2 project valued over £100 Million.
- Implementing a construction logistics plan, in line with regulations set out by the end client.
- Working with the end client and Main JV Contractor to ensure robust logistics plans are in place.
- Monitoring the supply chain to ensure construction logistics plans and site access plans are adhered to.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders, Highway Authorities, Local Authorities, HS2, consultants and Supply Chain etc.
- Attending client meeting to review logistics policies.
- Providing logistics and work schedule updates to HS2, Highway Authorities and stakeholders.
- Managing routine KPI reports.
- Managing (Logistics related) personnel bookings for corporate and site inductions and staff training.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have experience of working as a Logistics Manager on large scale and complex civil engineering and infrastructure projects.
- Have a working knowledge of HS2 requirements, regulations and procedures (ideal, not essential).
- Be a strong character with an authoritative nature, able to manage and audit the supply chain as required.
- Have a diverse knowledge of logistics management, route planning, traffic management and civil engineering etc.
- Be able to write construction plans.
- Be used to working in a high-pressure environment.
- Be an ambitious and committed individual who is looking for a career changing role.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.