Purpose of the Role:
To lead the business unit’s implementation of Lean processes and Lean construction projects, embedding the Lean approach into the clients way of working.
• Support UK and divisional management on strategic and operational implementation of process improvement through Lean, assisting in identifying areas to focus on, monitoring progress and setting goals.
• Training and coaching on Lean methodology during the implementation of strategic and operational improvement projects.
• Conceptual design and lead of Lean projects in operations and administration.
• Project lead on Lean construction projects within the business unit.
• Implementation of Lean processes and embedding of the Lean approach in the company.
• Monitoring Lean projects in progress and ensuring actions identified are followed through to implementation.
• Contribute significantly to the digitisation of the company’s process.
• Engaging and influencing others to ensure the business unit extracts the most value from Lean analyses and that actions identified are implemented effectively.
• Working with colleagues from other areas of the business, to build proactive, effective, cross-functional communication and collaborative ways of working.
• Continuous Professional Development.
• Comply with, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in accordance with Fairness, Respect, Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement (FREDIE) principles.
• Ensure accurate and informative reporting of Lean activities, allowing UK and divisional management to see the status of Lean projects and to assess the return on investment.
• 3 years’ experience in Lean implementation in the construction industry. Alternatively, can demonstrate ability to transfer Lean knowledge between industries.
• Technical degree in construction engineering or commercial education.
• Experience in designing and implementing process improvement and supporting change management projects.
• Experience in leading project teams during Lean implementation.
• Experience in facilitating 5S implementation.
• Willingness to travel regionally (mostly within the UK, occasionally within Europe).
• Customer focused, delivering the best service for the team’s stakeholders.
• Ability to engage people, encouraging participation, commitment and development of others.
About the Company:
Our client is one of the UKs leaders in geotechnical solutions. Most of their client’s contract with them on small jobs, and delivering these on time, to high quality, every time is what builds their reputation and makes them the contractor of choice locally. And, as part of a global company, they also have the financial strength, know-how, capacity and the global reach to tackle larger and more demanding projects.
- Sector: Building Services, Construction, Civil Engineering
- Contact: Andy McKenzie
- Contact Email: Andy.McKenzie@Anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 02380 21221
- Expiry Date: 02 June 2022
- Job Ref: 396768AMC
Purpose of the Role: