I am currently looking to recruit a Lead Network Engineer / SAP for a multi-faceted and market leading Utilities Contractor, based in Central London.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the safe operation of Power Distribution (LV, HP and future EHV electrical assets) and work on all electrical related technical issues and support the wider business as required. Monitoring compliance with policy and procedures to ensure the highest standard of safety are met both during installation and ongoing operation will be key.
* Ensuring the Safe flow of electricity within the company assets
* Responsible for the day-to-day Electrical technical support of Adoptable company assets
* Ensuring that the Distribution Safety Rules are being followed
* Responsible for supporting the delivery of the business objectives and targets
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHEQ department
* Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff members
* Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with Company policies and procedures are promptly remedied
* Maintain good working relations with client / design/operations / Team, together with the supply chain
* Review and approval of electrical infrastructure designs for industrial, domestic and multiple-occupancy projects, ensuring that designs comply with current standards, regulations and legislation
* Review and update of Operations and Maintenance Manuals and emergency procedures
* Monitor industry developments and contribute to on-going design strategy within the business
* Ensure excellent electrical advisory support, through liaison with all project stakeholders
* Actively participate in industry associates, disseminating and implementing engineering recommendations to internal and external stakeholders as required
* Be the Senior Authorised Person (SAP) on direct activities and manage SAP processes with third parties working on the networks
* Provide support for the approval and authorisation of staff, sub-contractors and third parties for works on or near to the customers systems/network, approval and or creation of procedures, permits to works, sanction to test, switching, commissioning and energisation of plant and equipment and any such works as required to enable to the safe operations of the business
* Make sure safety and operational audits of projects carried out by the business and third parties to ensure works are being undertaken to relevant standards reporting and managing non-conformances and or recommendations
* Undertake other duties and responsibilities as required and expected of the role
Knowledge, skills & experience:
* Professionally qualified, working towards, or ability and willingness to work towards Incorporated or Chartered status with an engineering Institution.
* Education to a degree level within an Engineering discipline and/or with minimum 5 years experience of managerial / operational responsibilities associated with electrical distribution construction
* Working knowledge of distribution networks of voltages LV, HV and EHV up to or above 132kVa
*# Understanding and knowledge of current Electricity Industry legislation and Standards
* Knowledge of relevant Material, plant and equipment specifications associated with electrical utility construction
* Familiarity of Industry accreditation schemes, particularly National Electricity Registration Scheme (NERS)
* Experience and working knowledge of planning, programming and construction of electricity distribution networks
* Strong written, oral, presentation and numeracy skills
* Professionally qualified or working towards Incorporated or chartered status with an engineering Institution
* Degree qualified
* Experience in the project management of an engineering project
* Commercial and contractual awareness.
This is an excellent time to join the business, and the successful candidate will benefit from working with a very supportive and motivated team within a well-established and respected business, who will provide a great foundation for you to progress your career.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.