Ground Investigation Operations Manager
Our client has a great opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to drive and deliver exciting projects across the Midlands in their industry leading Ground Investigations team.
To support our ambitious growth plans they are seeking an Operations Manager to join their thriving and growing Ground Investigations team. This opportunity will allow you to lead both field and office based projects across multiple areas, driving organic growth throughout the business unit and managing the technical and commercial aspects of this business.
A strong, dynamic leader, with the ability to motivate and positively influence others. Your responsibilities will be wide ranging and encompass technical and commercial requirements including:
- Setting up, planning and managing of the regional budget in conjunction with the Operations Director, in line with company targets.
- Co-ordination to ensure effective deployment of staff and resources within the region and work closely with other regions to ensure the same.
- Development of new business in conjunction with regional Business Development Managers and other Operations Managers to promote the Company’s full range of services, with particular emphasis on those within your own technical and commercial competence.
- Day to day operational management of the region, to ensure office revenue and profitability targets are met.
- Maintain personal, technical and professional qualifications and membership where appropriate.
- The interviewing and subsequent retention of an appropriate level of staff, with requisite qualifications, in accordance with budgetary and business requirements. Making recommendations for appointments.
- Management of the continuing professional development of all staff reporting to you.
- The identification of internal and external needs of all staff reporting to you.
- Monitoring and appraisal of the performance of all staff reporting to you.
- Health & Safety, disciplinary and grievance matters in your region, in conjunction with the Operations Director.
- The active promotion of the Company’s services
- The identification of new business opportunities, services and products.
- Client liaison and the general development of customer goodwill.
- The development and deployment of personnel and other resources within your region, as required by day-to-day business needs.
- Assume the timely, accurate and profitable execution of projects, including the production of reports.
- Leading and participating in technical work on contracts at a level that is appropriate to yourself and the Company’s needs.
- Collecting and reporting management data, periodically, as required by the Operations Manager.
- Compliance with all Health & Safety requirements to reduce risk of Incidents/Accidents.
- To take the lead in promoting and maintaining excellent H&S standards amongst the team.
Knowledge / Experience / Abilities:
• 10-15 year GI Industry experience
• Relevant Industry Knowledge
• Good knowledge of Health & Safety best practice
• People Management
• Commercially orientated
• Have a ‘can do’ approach
• Hands on approach
• Mobility, flexibility and commitment
• Qualified to degree level in Geotechnical discipline
• Full and clean UK driving Licence
• Membership of appropriate professional body
• CSCS Card
In return, on offer is a competitive salary, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, company pension and discounts on high street shopping.
About the company,
With over 100 years of history, our client is a leading provider of testing, inspection and compliance services, operating across three sectors and offering a wide range of technical expertise and accredited services, including consultancy. Proud of their innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve, they put people at the heart of what they do, employing people throughout a large network of UKAS accredited laboratories and offices.