About the role
An exciting and rare opportunity is presented for an Estimating Manager to join our client’s industry leading Ground Investigation team. This is a senior appointment and will involve managing the estimating teams working out of multiple offices across the UK. Reporting to the Head of Preconstruction, you will manage and contribute to the preparation of properly considered cost estimates for review and submission. In addition, you will liaise closely with the Regional GI Managers to develop and implement a successful work winning strategy to complement the business‘ operational goals.
Your key activities will include:
• Co-ordinate with the wider preconstruction team, ensure the correct resources are available and that the timescales will be met.
• Give direction and guidance to estimating staff.
• Liaise with clients, consultants, supply chain, stakeholders and other third parties.
• Supervise financial submission.
• Assume the supporting role of bid manager on higher value more complex tender bids as required, including input into the bid strategy.
• Co-ordinate with the technical team, commercial team and planner on all aspects relating to tender deliverables.
• Contribute to developing and implementing the pricing strategy.
• Manage preparation and presentation of estimate in conjunction with bid manager to leadership team and directors at cost estimate review and settlement meeting.
• Maintain awareness of latest GI and associated sampling / testing techniques.
• Provide support to the Head of Preconstruction, which may include review of tenders, opportunity pipeline planning, allocation of resources, staff development, succession, competency and retention.
• Support the pre-construction team in preparing quality tender submissions, liaising with bid teams to deliver innovative solutions.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced professional, ideally currently working in a similar role who can manage their own workload, help others, and be confident and comfortable around clients and consultants. We would also encourage and welcome applications from aspiring Senior Estimators with high potential looking to progress their career.
• Knowledge of the UK GI marketplace.
• Appreciation of quality tender submissions and PQQ’s.
• Good commercial acumen and an appreciation of NEC contracts.
• Experience in geo-instrumentation and monitoring would be an advantage.
• Significant experience in the planning and delivery of ground investigations including large-scale infrastructure projects.
• Technically adept as well as practically aware.
• Must demonstrate experience of leadership, financial management, commercial and business development.
• Degree qualified in a relevant engineering or earth science based subject and / or significant practical and managerial experience in the planning and delivery of ground investigations including large-scale infrastructure projects.
• Chartered status desirable.
• Registered Ground Engineering Professional desirable.
About the Company
Our client was founded over 150 years ago and delivers exceptional engineering and construction experiences. They collaborate with clients across private and public sector partnerships in the UK and internationally.
Employing over 3,000 people across 100 projects, including sub-contractors and joint ventures, they strive to create the best working environment for their team by constantly improving safety and working conditions.
- Sector: Construction, Civil Engineering
- Contact: Andy McKenzie
- Contact Email: Andy.McKenzie@Anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 02380 21221
- Expiry Date: 13 October 2022
- Job Ref: 398176AMC
About the role