The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting with the management of a variety of construction contracts. The role is responsible for learning and assisting in all operational matters in connection with the organisation and implementation of contract works from the pre-contract meeting up to receipt of the final payment and issue of guarantees/warranties.
This role would be ideal for a recent Graduate in Civil, Geotechnical or Structural Engineering.
This role reports into the Senior Project Manager and holds the responsibilities of:
• Liaising with project stakeholders to assist the efficient resourcing and supervision of site activities.
• Assist in the planning, organisation and direction of construction projects to help achieve programme, specifications and budget.
• Assist the set up and the ongoing management of site Health and Safety throughout the duration of a project.
• Prepare construction schedules and monitor progress against established schedules.
• Liaising with the design team representatives to resolve buildability issues.
• To liaise with main contractors to ensure that all facilities and services are provided to best enable progress in site.
• For ensuring that contracts are supervised correctly by an appropriate number of site visits, and that adequate and accurate setting out is provided. Supervise the quality of materials and workmanship within the site works; record, schedule and verify all site testing. Ensuring familiarity with the Construction Quality Assurance Plans and disseminate this information to the contractor/sub-contractor. Maintain a photographic record of the works for marketing and record purposes.
• For liaising with the Commercial Team on matters of contract finance and familiarising yourself with contract cost controls.
To continually seek improvement in the following areas:
• Our health and safety performance
• Performances of our products & services
• Self-development and training
• The standards of suppliers and sub-contractors
• Site records.
About the Company:
Due to space and cost of living in London, basement construction became increasingly more popular, as it became a more cost-effective way to create more living space and storage in London homes.
Our client specialise in the construction of the actual basement, so they can work as sub-contractors for London’s main residential contractors, as well as being able to work either directly with the homeowner - or with professional advisors such as, architects, designers, and engineers.
They offer a range of services including below ground structural work, above ground structural work, and foundation repairs, to help their customers to create the vision for their ideal basement.
- Sector: Construction, Civil Engineering
- Contact: Andy McKenzie
- Contact Email: Andy.McKenzie@Anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 02380 21221
- Expiry Date: 13 December 2022
- Job Ref: 399011AMC