The Graduate Design Estimator works with the Technical team and Preconstruction Director to develop accurate, value engineered and desirable solutions to meet client’s requirements, helping to achieve and aiming to exceed financial goals in line with the company strategy.
In time they will develop a rapport with new clients and provide support that will continually improve relationships. Working with the Preconstruction Director, Technical team and Operations team, they also help grow and retain existing relationships by presenting value engineered solutions and services to clients.
The role will involve the training in concept design and tendering of various schemes leading to responsibility for each project from inception to securing work. The candidate should have the ability to work in an efficient manner while delivering accurate, competitive proposals interpreting the client’s requirements well.
This role would be ideal for a recent Graduate in Civil, Geotechnical or Structural Engineering. No other degrees will be considered for the role.
This role reports into the Technical team lead, who shall mentor in and initially share the duties, but in time the successful candidate will take ownership independently.
These responsibilities are:
• Identify risks, opportunities and requirements of projects to efficiently and effectively produce tenders and estimates.
• Develop tender stage engineering designs for various types piles and retaining walls.
• Deliver efficient and effective customer service at all times.
• Correspond and negotiate with clients, suppliers, contractors and colleagues.
• Accurately prepare quotations considering all costs associated with the delivery of projects.
• Provide detailed hand over information to Operations to ensure successful delivery of contracts.
• Efficiently manage situations when workload presents conflicting demands on time and availability, demonstrating an ability to effectively prioritise and schedule.
• Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
• Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
• Gather feedback on submitted tenders that have been lost.
• Work within the H&S requirements while keeping company records up to date.
About the Company:
Our client are one of the UK’s largest Independent Piling Contractors, operating a wide variety of piling plant and equipment, allowing them to perform qualified projects of any size or value throughout the country.
Each project is supported by the team of professionals and experienced piling crews who, combined, ensure each project is carried out safely, to a defined standard and within budget.
Their Piling capabilities include, but are not limited to CFA, Rotary, Mini Rotary, Contig and Secant Piled Walls.
- Sector: Construction, Civil Engineering
- Contact: Andy McKenzie
- Contact Email: Andy.McKenzie@Anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 02380 21221
- Expiry Date: 06 December 2022
- Job Ref: 399319AMC