The Graduate Piling Contracts Manager is responsible for assisting with the management of a variety of construction contracts. The role is responsible for learning and assisting in all operational matters in connection with the organisation and implementation of contract works from the pre-contract meeting up to receipt of the final payment and issue of guarantees/warranties.
This role would be ideal for a recent Graduate in Civil, Geotechnical or Structural Engineering. No other degrees will be considered for the role.
This role reports into the Senior Contracts Manager and holds the responsibilities of:
• Liaising with project stakeholders to assist the efficient resourcing and supervision of site activities.
• Assist in the planning, organisation and direction of construction projects to help achieve programme, specifications and budget.
• Assist the set up and the ongoing management of site Health and Safety throughout the duration of a project.
• Prepare construction schedules and monitor progress against established schedules.
• Liaising with the design team representatives to resolve buildability issues.
• To liaise with main contractors to ensure that all facilities and services are provided to best enable progress in site.
• For ensuring that contracts are supervised correctly by an appropriate number of site visits, and that adequate and accurate setting out is provided. Supervise the quality of materials and workmanship within the site works; record, schedule and verify all site testing. Ensuring familiarity with the Construction Quality Assurance Plans and disseminate this information to the contractor/sub-contractor. Maintain a photographic record of the works for marketing and record purposes.
• For liaising with the Commercial Team on matters of contract finance and familiarising yourself with contract cost controls.
To continually seek improvement in the following areas:
• Our health and safety performance
• Performances of our products & services
• Self-development and training
• The standards of suppliers and sub-contractors
• Site records.
About the Company:
Our client are one of the UK’s largest Independent Piling Contractors, operating a wide variety of piling plant and equipment, allowing them to perform qualified projects of any size or value throughout the country.
Each project is supported by the team of professionals and experienced piling crews who, combined, ensure each project is carried out safely, to a defined standard and within budget.
Their Piling capabilities include, but are not limited to CFA, Rotary, Mini Rotary, Contig and Secant Piled Walls.
- Sector: Construction, Civil Engineering
- Contact: Andy McKenzie
- Contact Email: Andy.McKenzie@Anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 02380 21221
- Expiry Date: 06 December 2022
- Job Ref: 399318AMC