My client is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor on a freelance basis for 10 months, who will report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor. My client is new build housing developer with this role being based at their Cambridge office.
The successful post-holder will be responsible for assisting with the control of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety on a range of contracts.
- Manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned project (or section) to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts
- Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract/workstream performance data
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement policies for risk management
- Support the authorisation and submission of project variations.
- To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders
- Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
- Value work executed by sub-contractors and certify interim and final payments.
- Implement all of policies including those for SHE and risk management
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
- Experience within a similar role
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
- Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
This is a superb opportunity to work with a well-respected developer on a long term freelance basis. For more information please contact Paul on the number provided or email on firstname.lastname@example.org