Job Title: Environmental Sustainability Coordinator
Location: Worcestershire (With site travel as required)
Sector: Drainage, Highways, Water, Utilities, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Construction
Type: Permanent Role
Start: Q1 2022
Remuneration: Negotiable based on level + previous experience
Our client, a leading contractor within the Drainage, Utilities and Water/Wastewater sectors, is currently looking for an Environmental Sustainability Coordinator, to join their team on a permanent basis. In this role, you will play a key part in developing and implementing environmental policies, processes and practices, across the business, working with both office-based staff and site-based personnel, to ensure policies are adhered to.
Reporting into a HSEQ Manager, you will work as part of a friendly office-based team (based in Worcestershire), also having the opportunity to travel to site-based projects, and other offices across the region, to liaise with colleagues, discussing, coordinating and overseeing environmental operations, keeping the business updated with new developments in rules and regulations, also working closely with the wider management teams and operational departments, to ensure regulatory compliance at all times.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring the efficiency and emissions of fleet vehicles and making recommendations for improvements.
- Researching and implementing environmental savings and carbon reduction within the business.
- Undertaking external benchmarking, to identify areas for improvement in environmental activities.
- Assisting with training and information updates, ensuring the enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Implementing action plans for improvement.
- Liaising with stakeholders, colleagues, clients and subcontractors, to communicate relevant information.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have an interest and understanding of environmental sustainability and the challenges faced within the Utilities or Construction sectors.
- Have relevant experience working in a similar position
- Hold relevant qualifications within the environmental sector (HSQE background would be advantageous).
- Have good communication, organisation and analytical skills (to extract, interpret, and present data clearly).
- Be competent using Microsoft Office packages.
- Be used to / happy to travel to site-based projects as and when required.
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online or send your CV to email@example.com, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.