Job Title: Electrical Project Engineer (Clean Water)
Sectors: Water, Electrical, Utilities, Infrastructure, Civil Engineering
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: £40,000 to £60,000 Per Annum + Package (**Negotiable based on level/relevant experience**)
Our client, a specialist M&E Contractor within the Water and Wastewater sector, is currently looking for an Electrical Project Engineer to join their Clean Water team on a permanent basis. They design and implement a large range of schemes within the Water sector, related to pumping, moving and treating water (From small-scale pump replacement projects through to large-scale water networks and treatment plants).
Here you will get the opportunity to work on a wide range of diverse projects, predominately within the Clean Water sector, across a large client base, where strong relationships have been forged over the past 20+ years.
In the role you will assist in the establishment and delivery of mechanical and electrical contracts, working with internal departments to effectively deliver projects within the Water sector, from inception through to completion (including Design - internally). This role will entail focusing on Electrical aspects of projects.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist with daily management and organisation of electrical works, taking responsibility for projects/areas.
- Efficient distribution of resources available through liaison with other members of staff within the business.
- Plans projects effectively and efficiently in MS Project, including ordering of new equipment.
- Implementation and maintenance of quality systems.
- Communicates constructively, internally and externally, actively seeking relevant information.
- Keeping colleagues and clients appraised of current operational status.
- Consult with suppliers, contractors and clients.
- Practical implementation of current standards, monitoring standards within your section / expertise.
- Production of technical information that will be utilised by site based installation and commissioning teams.
- Production of documentation utilising software based drawing systems (AutoCAD).
- Interpretation of clients specification and production of engineered solutions.
- Assist with the preparation of tender documentation.
- Production of operating and maintenance manuals to the clients specification.
- Provide technical expertise to customers, undertaking site visits when appropriate.
- Able to identify and realise commercial opportunities, ensuring that high standards are maintained.
- Overseeing Technical Assistants, Electricians & Fitters as required, as well as the supervision of contractors and training of staff (dependant on level).
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification related to Electrical (i.e. HNC/BEng/BSc or equivalent).
- Working experience of Water Treatment Processes and Technology, including but not limited to pumping.
- Vocational training courses relating to water treatment or supervisory skills (Advantageous).
- Strong Engineering and Health & Safety knowledge.
- Strong organisation, planning and communication skills.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- (Desirable) Experience handling hazardous chemicals.
- (Desirable) Willing to progress to Chartered Engineer status.
- (Desirable) Experience with AutoCAD (Advantageous).
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.