Ecology & Sustainability Advisor - construction/Rail/Civil Engineering - Location – regional across the Eastern region - multi-site, hybrid working arranement with home working 2 days per week. £35k-£45k+car and benefits package
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Ecology & Sustainability Advisor to join our established and expanding business, giving specialist advice and guidance to project and framework teams around the South East and Anglia region in relation to Ecology and Sustainability issues. This role shall provide an excellent opportunity for an individual to be part of a growing construction and engineering business.
As Ecology & Sustainability Advisor, you will be responsible for implementing the regional Ecology & Sustainability strategy. Your day to day duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Undertaking and reporting preliminary ecology surveys of work sites and advising operational staff of appropriate mitigation and enhancement measures
• Undertaking environmental audits and inspections
• Supporting operational teams apply for environmental permits and consents
• Providing advice and assistance to AmcoGiffen staff and employees on ecology and sustainability issues in the south east and Anglia region
• Liaising with AmcoGiffen employees, Clients and third parties such as environmental regulators to maintain good working relations
• Leading on environmental incident investigation, implementing corrective action in your region
• Supporting the SHEQ Department in the development of internal systems and in the pursuit of SHEQ strategy objectives
• Delivering ecology and sustainability training
• Inputting ecology and sustainability advice into the tendering process
• Collating ecology and sustainability data and support site teams with implementing Client sustainability initiatives
• Maintaining good communications with the regional health, safety, assurance and operational teams and the Head Office SHEQ team.
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as an Ecologist with wider Environmental and Sustainability experience in a rail and civil engineering project environment.
• Relevant environmental / Ecology qualification – degree/diploma/HNC/HND (essential)
• Experience working in construction/civil engineering project environments
• Species licence (desirable)
• Competitive basic salary negotiable dependant on experience
• Company Car or Car Allowance
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Life assurance