Job Title: Ecologist / Senior Ecologist
Location: Birmingham / Staffordshire
Sector: HS2, Ecology, Civil Engineering, Construction, Highways, Rail
Start Date: Q3 2021
Salary: Circa £35,000 - £45,000 Per Annum + Package (OR £280 - £380 Per Day).
**Negotiable on level and relevant experience**
Our client is currently recruiting Ecologists and Senior Ecologists, to work on the HS2 scheme, able to offer work in the Birmingham and Staffordshire regions. In this role, you will work as part of a team, providing ecological advice to HS2 Ltd and other applicable parties (Contractors/Subcontractors), ensuring that works are delivered within ecological standards.
Day to day, you will: work with the end client, complete ecology surveys on site, provide advice on legal requirements, working with design, feasibility and construction teams, to ensure that work is delivered in the appropriate manner, documenting workload and compiling reports as required.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing clients, contractors and subcontractors with sound advice, on planned ecological works.
- Working with mixed construction, design, feasibility and early works teams.
- Documenting workload, compiling records as required.
- Completing ecology surveys on site.
- Problem-solving, creating practical and cost-effective solutions to ecological challenges faced.
- Developing relevant documentation, such as ecological method statements and associated construction documentation.
- Helping to continuously improve the culture of on-site ecology practices.
- Investigating, reporting and helping to avoid ecological incidents.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Previously worked in a similar role, as an Ecologist or Senior Ecologist, on a construction / highways / rail project.
- A relevant qualification in Ecology (Such as a degree / MSc).
- A membership such as CIEEM (or equivalent).
- Applicable EPS licenses (European protected species).
- Preparation of LEMPS, CEMPs and Mitigation/Habitat Creation Strategies.
- Preparation of Biodiversity Net Gain Calculations.
- Review of ecological documents.
- A strong understanding of environmental management on construction sites.
- Strong IT, communication and interpersonal skills.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth via LinkedIn or on 0121 200 5524.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.