Job Title: Senior Estimator
Sectors: Concrete Repairs, Waterproofing, Remediation Works, Structural Repairs &
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 Per Annum + Strong Package (Negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, a large, established and growing principal contractor within the Specialist Maintenance sector, is currently looking to add a Senior Estimator to their Nottingham team, on a permanent basis. The focus on this role will include estimating and surveying works for civils engineering projects which will range from Concrete Repairs, Waterproofing, Remediation Works, Structural Repairs & Mainenance, Stabilisation
The role would suit an experienced Estimator who has a history of delivering small to medium size construction projects (i.e. 500k to 2 million),
In return, our client offers an exceptional salary + package, coupled with a productive working environment & effective working processes, allowing you to achieve the desired results in the most efficient and stress-free manner.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Attend site visits and site surveys to complete quotations, meeting with clients onsite when required to gather all information required to allow a detailed quotation to progress. Highlight any potential QHSE issues that may arise undertaking the small work project.
- Gather required information from site on material, plant, labour and other factors.
- Research materials and equipment. Develop self-knowledge to ensure the business remains up to date with new developments in the industry.
- Assess technical documents when required whilst preparing quotations and consult all relevant trade legislation around the small work project.
- Collate quotations from suppliers and sub-contractors, process, and challenge where necessary.
- Plan job timescales and assess levels of risk associated to works to be carried out.
- Identify and quantify cost factors such as production time, raw material, equipment, and labour expenses.
- Evaluate cost effectiveness and profitability. Provide advice and recommendations on ways to increase effectiveness and profitability. Support and advise on buying activities
- Assist with bids for new contracts & clients including invitations to tender and pre-qualification questionnaires.
- Monitor the stages of small work projects to make sure that costs are kept in line with forecast.
- Maintain correct profit margins for all quotations and small works
- Provide internal staff with technical knowledge and advice when planning in and delivery of small works projects
- Consult with clients, contractors, suppliers, and internal staff to discuss and formulate estimates, resolving any problems which may arise.
- Represent the organisation at client meetings and external events.