Job Title: Drainage Maintenance Operative (Sewer Sensors)
Location: Worcester (Or based within the wider Severn Trent region)
Role Type: Permanent Position
Starting salary: Circa £20,000 to £22,000 Per Annum + Overtime (Circa £26,000 to £28,000 OTE).
Salary once qualified: Circa £24,000 to £26,000 Per Annum + Overtime (Circa £30,000 to £33,000 OTE).
Our client, a long established, and respected brand name throughout the water and wastewater industries, with vast experience in surveying, managing & maintaining water industry assets, is currently recruiting multiple Drainage Maintenance Operatives, to work on upcoming projects within the Severn Trent Water region.
Having just secured a new 5-year Framework Contract with Severn Trent Water, they are looking for talented individuals to join their team, who can assist with the maintenance of sewer depth sensors, in domestic properties across the Severn Trent Region.
This role will suit candidates who are looking for training and future development prospects, and our client is able to offer a genuine career path, inclusive of full training and support. Whilst previous experience working within the water / wastewater / drainage sector could be advantageous, our client is happy to consider candidates who have worked in similar roles / sectors, such as the Telecoms industry, especially candidates who possess good customer interaction skills.
A typical day will include, but is not limited to:
- Receiving a list of domestic properties to visit / survey.
- Assessing the location of drains/sewers, to plan for the maintenance of sewer depth sensors, arranging with members of the public to gain work access.
- Maintaining sewer depth sensors on either above or below ground assets, entering confined spaces, such as sewer entrances, when required. (Training provided).
- Through a tablet, remotely connecting to sensors, to check working condition and ensuring works are successfully complete.
- Liaising with the internal surveying department (Flow Monitoring – based at Head Office) to ensure that they can remotely connect to sensors, enabling them to monitor sewer flow levels, to help prevent flooding.
- Completing routine maintenance of sewer depth sensors as required.
Candidates will ideally:
- Have completed similar duties, such as surveying, maintaining or installing assets / underground equipment, to domestic properties.
- Have experience of customer liaison, dealing with members of the general public and property owners, to organise and schedule maintenance works.
- Have experience of working within confined spaces (previous experience is advantageous but is not essential).
- Please note: Working within confined spaces will be required in this role.
- Have worked in a similar industry, such as the Water/Wastewater, Telecoms, Telemetry, Leakage Detection sectors.
- Have a working knowledge of Health & Safety regulations.
Company and Role Benefits:
- You will be given full training and support in this role, and there is a defined career path, with excellent promotion prospects for the right candidates. (Including new qualifications)
- Opportunity to learn a trade within a friendly company, committed to high professional standards.
- Working for a large company part of SSI Services (UK) Ltd, a division of South Staffordshire Plc.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5524 or directly via e-mail