Job Title: Document Control Construction Assistant
Sector: Construction, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, MMA Tram
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q4 2021 (ASAP)
Salary: £30,000 Per Annum + Package
Purpose of the Role
Our client, a major civil engineering and infrastructure contractor, working on the Midland Metro Alliance (West Midlands & Birmingham Tram), is currently recruiting a Document Controller / Construction Assistant, looking for someone to be based at their Wednesbury to Brierley Hill site office. The role will assist supporting and organising the project electronic document control management system (EDMS) requirements across the project and construction teams. This will require coordinating both internal and external information and ensuring the appropriate distribution and cascade of information to the relevant team members. The individual will also act as the day-to-day point of contact for site document control queries and will work very closely with the central BIM team to ensure that EDMS processes are adhered to and suitable for site teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability:
- Control documentation produced internally and externally following established procedures and in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Distribute documents, drawings, comments, technical queries and correspondences per the Project requirements. Ensuring all documentation meets formal requirements and required standards
- Assist with document control requirements and collation of data / information to support teams as required.
- Contact team members in to secure outstanding paperwork in a professional manner.
- Liaise with subcontractors/ suppliers to control flow of information both in and out of the Project.
- Work within the Document Control Team to assist with ensuring that critical daily deadlines are met.
- Remain flexible and adaptive to new processes, as required.
- Maintain and accurately update information in the EDMS.
- Support and assist in any upgrades of the EDMS.
- Support Training of Company Staff and Contractors in the application of the EDMS, as and when required.
- Plan work to ensure deadlines are realistic and met on time.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Experience working with Projectwise EDMS or similar systems.
- Exceptional attention to detail and meticulous organisation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite.
- Ability to work across multiple teams and build effective relationships.
- Experience in analyzing and evaluating data and data systems.
- Willingness to challenge processes to seek continuous improvement
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on LinkedIn or via firstname.lastname@example.org