I have an excellent opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join a multi-facetted energy business based in central London. You will provide an influential pre- and post-contract commercial management service to a range of contracts across Energy & Carbon Solutions and Business Services.
You will become a trusted advisor to these contracts and the conduit (go-to person) between them and the wider central Procurement team.
You will manage numerous stakeholder relationships, including those with client representatives and the businesses operational teams running the contracts and other colleagues, who provide functional support to the contracts (e.g. risk, finance, HR etc.).
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
You will be responsible for delivering the commercial management function across all contracts and clearly communicating the obligations and liabilities contained within both contracts to ultimately ensure that income is maximised, costs are minimised, whilst the service required is delivered, by:
* Identifying, monitoring and reporting on risks.
* Supporting the management and mitigation of risks at all levels (operational, financial, commercial, technical, etc).
* Management of variation/change control.
* Repository for confidential/commercially sensitive information.
* Leading governance within the contracts to ensure that the requirements of the contract are being complied with.
* Aiding the quality of service by ensuring awareness of contractual responsibilities among all other company colleagues (including contract deliverables, scope of services etc.).
* Developing robust commercial solutions, ensuring success in new products and services
* Enforcing commercial compliance (by audit and support against the company Legal & commercial principles).
* Supporting the management of cash under their contract sector.
* Being professional and equitable negotiators and dispute resolvers but ultimately:
o Rebutting unfounded contractual claims
o Taking a key role in the management of contractual claims / disputes with clients and other third parties
o Production of claims to any potential contentious contractual issue that may arise.
* Ensuring full commercial governance to all subcontractors.
* Providing commercial support to the account management teams and wider Commercial team.
* Supporting the identification, management, and mitigation of risks at all levels associated with bidding new contracts.
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
* Several years' experience within a similar industry - energy (or energy efficiency) experience is preferable.
* Educated to degree / diploma level or equivalent.
* Understanding and practical application of base UK law applicable to Commercial (Construction Act etc).
* Excellent communicator and strong negotiation skills.
* Excellent financial acumen with an ability to analyse complex data and documentation with accuracy.
* Sound understanding of risk analysis / management.
* PC Literate with knowledge of MS applications e.g. Word, Excel.
* Thorough knowledge and experience of Business Assurance systems.
* Paid holidays (+8 public holidays)
* Life Insurance
* Employee discount shopping scheme, including discounts on gym memberships, holiday packages and more
* Employee personal & professional development profile
* Personal and career development pathways supported by the company Academy
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.