REGIONAL BIM COORDINATOR - £45K - £55K
Working with a leading civil engineering and infrastructure contractor I am currently recruiting for a Regional BIM Coordinator to join their business unit covering Wales and the South of England.
The business unit is faced paced by its nature and services clients including Network Rail, Environment Agency and local authorities with a variety of civil engineering works on tendered projects and long-term framework contracts.
The BIM Coordinator will ensure Information Management on all projects and frameworks in the region is carried out in accordance with highest possible standards (legislation, Client standards and company procedures) so that works is delivered safely, efficiently (cost and programme) and to required quality. The successful candidate will also be required to ensure that the region contributes to the maintenance of third-party BIM accreditation.
The role will involve undertaking the following tasks at the appropriate stage of the project lifecycle:
• Review tender documentation and provide bid team with details of BIM requirements on projects which should be allowed for within tender allowances including requirements for design consultants which should be included in their Design Brief
• Prepare Tender Stage BIM Execution Plan
• Raise any queries with the bid team which need to be raised with the client to clarify BIM requirements on tenders
• Ensure Pre-Contract BIM procedure followed
• Ensure consultants have completed a BIM Capability Assessment
• Prepare Contract Stage BIM Execution Plan and ensure it is complied with
• Liaise on all information matters with the client Programme Information Manager and the regional ProjectWise Team(s)
• Lead project BIM Start up meeting
• Perform role of Supplier Information Manager specifically:
o Requesting new project set up via client
o Requesting new user account set up
o Assigning permissions to users (internal and external stakeholders)
o Maintaining register of projects and users within the portfolio of projects
o Liaising internally with the IT team to ensure Bentley software is available for internal users
o Perform training for all internal and subcontract staff using ProjectWise for Document Control, Design file production and general document production, transmission and use
o Ensuing all project information is compliant with client standards
• Manage topographical survey works carried out on projects specifically with respect to compliance with client survey standards and storage and use on ProjectWise Common Data Environment
• Ensure Health and Safety Files are produced in accordance with client requirements
• Ensure all projects are compliant with internal BIM procedures and client regional procedures
• Act as line manager to document controllers
• Liaise with Head of Design Management and BIM in regards procedures and associated audits
To be considered for this role you must be conversant in the use of various CAD software to create and develop design drawings and other technical information. In particular the role will involve the use of Bentley ProjectWise and associated CONNECTION Client so competence in the use of these tools is highly desirable. You must also have excellent communication, decision making, planning and analysis skills, and be able to liaise with other managers to resolve issues and work with minimal supervision.
Salary and package available for this BIM Coordinator role are in the region of £45000 to £55000 per annum with company car or car allowance provide. Other benefits include a company pension, life insurance, medical scheme and access to consistent learning opportunities to enable personal and professional development with consequent career development and progression opportunities.
Please apply with your up to date CV for immediate consideration for this role.
- Sector: Rail, Construction, Civil Engineering, Consulting Engineering
- Contact: Jordan Davies
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 0117 317 7827
- Expiry Date: 01 December 2022
- Job Ref: 399254JDA-1
REGIONAL BIM COORDINATOR - £45K - £55K