Exciting new job opportunity just in for a Document Controller to join an industry leading Design and Build consultancy on a permanent basis. We are looking for someone ambitious, talented, and motivated with a flexible approach to work.
You will be responsible for providing support to projects and contracts on all aspects of document control within the Water sector. This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to join a reputable organisation to contribute towards your professional growth and development.
We require you to hold a full UK driving licence, have access to a vehicle and the ability to travel within the central and western Southern Water region. Travel time Falmer to/from site should be no more than 1.5hrs on a regular basis (longer by exception only). Attendance at base office in Falmer, Brighton when no site visits scheduled.
We are open to applicants on a junior or more senior level so if this seems like a good fit for you, please apply with a copy of your CV today!
What we need from you –
- At least 1 years’ experience as a document controller
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office systems
- Experience of working in an administrative role
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Determination to see tasks through to completion, with excellent planning, attention to detail and organisation skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as working as part of a team
- An understanding of the eight20 end to end governance process and RAG dashboard (desirable)
- Good experience of document control gained within the construction sector (desirable)
- Planning / Project Management experience (desirable)
Key Responsibilities -
- Regularly attend sites across the project geographical region spanning Hampshire, Sussex, Kent & IOW.
- Review, management and uploading of documents held on sites for projects
- Uploading and management of documents within the eDMS (currently using Microsoft SharePoint ® and Bentley ProjectWise) in line with best practice standards
- Championing of document management processes and systems within the project environment
- Understanding and adhere to legal, contract, Southern Water and project document management requirements
- Deal with enquiries efficiently and effectively
- Carry out other project and non-project related activities as required
- Assist in the production and supply of electronic and hard copy documents (where appropriate)
- Provide training to operational teams and suppliers in use of the eDMS and related IT systems
- Provide assurance to the Information Systems Manager by ensuring that all records are maintained in line with expectations and available for the JV Audit Programme in a timely manner
- Identify and implement areas for improvement and share best practice
What we can offer you in return –
- The opportunity to work with an award-winning, long-standing organisation
- A great working culture and work/life balance
- Equal opportunities employer & great staff retention rate
- Clear progression and development
- A competitive salary & company benefits
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
To register your interest, please respond to this advert with a copy of your updated CV or give us a call on 02380 219108 and ask to speak to ‘Nikita’ for more information.