As a Works Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for the management of multiple Network Rail and Rail related infrastructure contracts to requisite performance criteria, including both planned and reactive works.
Experience in civil engineering projects will be essential to meet the requirements of this multidisciplinary contract. The ideal candidate will have strong background knowledge in managing contracts with high value constructions and works.
Reporting to the clients Contract Manager, this role will involve executing projects across the East Region, reporting to their warehouse in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
Working on a contract on the LNE & LNW framework for Network Rail, the projects will include multiple maintenance, design and construction plans.
Within the role you can expect to be:
- Request key elements of temporary and permanent materials, manage subcontractors, and order installations and equipment needed to perform contract delivery.
- Promote and implement site-specific management plans to ensure site operations comply with customer health and safety, quality and environmental policies.
- Prepare all site work and contract plans to meet customer requirements and specifications, as well as submit any ownership, segregation and traffic management requirements, required, to be able to do the work.
- Provide guidance and practical advice to site personnel to perform contract work.
- Identify training needs and development potential of assigned personnel.
- Conduct site visits with other contractors and subcontractors when required.
The perfect candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Civil Engineering Construction Project work, preferably from a Structures background – Essential
- SMSTS / SSSTS – Essential
- Experience in managing multiple work sites – Essential
- Experience working in a railway environment - Essential
- Train Safety Training (PTS) – Essential
- Ability to organize workload and adapt to the environment very quickly and responsively
- Proven evidence of managing a Framework
- Experience in high value projects (£30k+) and structures
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- Excellent quality control and problem-solving skills
- Understand design drawings
- Business awareness of cost tracking and cost value reconciliation
- Experience working in similar contracts
- Strong knowledge of health and safety regulations
Preferred Qualifications for this role would be:
- HND/ HNC in Civil Engineering
- NVQ Level 4-5 in Construction Management
- CSCS Manager Card (Black)
- PTS/ COSS
- CDM Regulations
- IOSH Managing Safely
All offers are subject to two employment references, a Drugs & Alcohol and medical test and driver’s license check.
In return, the package you will receive will be dependent on experience:
- Competitive Pay
- A collaborative and friendly working culture
- Up to 25 days holiday + Statutory Bank Holidays
- Company Sick Pay
- Training & Development opportunities
- Paid Volunteer Days
- Annual Flu Jabs
- Employee Assistance Programmes for advice and counselling
- Company Pension and Death in Service scheme