As a Works Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for managing rail-related infrastructure contracts and customers according to required criteria.
You will need to have experience in effectively planning, organizing, motivating and deploying staff and site resources to complete the program for the duration of the program. As someone familiar with site management, you will also conduct site visits with other contractors and subcontractors, identifying training needs and growth potential of client personnel.
We are looking for a confident communicator who can communicate with clients on a daily basis, nurturing and developing these relationships based on
mutual trust and high standards.
In this role, you can expect:
- Acceptance, control and reconciliation of temporary works and materials and equipment of permanent works necessary to perform the works under the contract.
- Ensure that pre-site visits have been made and work has been estimated and approved by the Client.
- Promote and implement site-specific management plans, ensuring that site operations comply with customer health and safety, quality and environmental policies
- Request and manufacture Safe working systems if needed.
- Prepare contract plans and work packages on site to meet NWR requirements, submitting any ownership, segregation, and traffic management requirements as necessary to perform work
- Maintain and update customer database to show work progress.
- Liaise with third parties for consent, such as Natural England, the Environment Agency, Transport for London, local authorities, UK waterways and landowners.
- Provide practical guidance and advice to site personnel to perform contract work.
- Communicate with contract manager and sales team regarding any estimates or technical issues, should any problems arise.
- Review proposed physical work resulting from any design work with the Contract Manager and the Commercial Team.
- Liaise with Contract Manager at all stages of work, analyse and report on progress. Notify the Contract Administration and the Site Engineer of any changes to the planned scope of work or any circumstances that prevent work from being completed as originally planned.
- Perform site administration according to customer systems and processes, creating and maintaining headquarters documents, records and weekly reports.
- Review completed work with Site Supervisor, ensure all work is completed and all project documentation is present and correct.
- Any other duties reasonably required.
The perfect candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ Civil Engineering Construction Project work – Essential
- HNC/HND at Level 4/5 in Construction or proven industry experience – Essential
- Strong knowledge of general building and up to date building regulations – Essential
- Proven experience of working on the Railway – Essential
- Railway Safety Training (PTS/ COSS) – Essential
- SMSTS – Essential
- Experience of Cost Monitoring – Highly desirable
All offers are subject to two employment references, a Drugs & Alcohol and medical test and driver’s license check.
- Competitive Pay
- A collaborative and friendly working culture
- Up to 25 days holiday + Statutory Bank Holidays
- Company Sick Pay
- Training & Development opportunities
- Paid Volunteer Days
- Annual Flu Jabs
- Employee Assistance Programmes for advice and counselling
- Company Pension and Death in Service scheme
- A generous Employee Referral scheme