Job Title: Utility Surveyor
Location: Midlands (Some Projects Out Of Midlands)
Sector: Geomatics, Highways, Rail, Utilities, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Surveying
Type: Permanent role
Salary: £26,000 to £30,000 + Good Overtime Opportunities
Start: Q4 2021
Our client, a leading geomatic surveying and mobile mapping company, who operate within the Rail, Construction Infrastructure sectors, has an excellent opportunity available for a Utility Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis, due to continued expansion, delivering a range of surveys on large scale projects across the Rail, Highway and Utility sectors, using the latest digital technology available, overall striving for innovation.
In this role, you will support Senior Surveying and Project Management staff, conducting surveys in the correct manner, on small to medium sized projects, managing timescales, through planning and executing projects. The types of survey tasks you will carry out include but are not limited to; topographic, utility, laser scanning and office data processing. Applicable candidate will ideally have PTS and CSCS accreditation.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for undertaking utility and topographical surveys .
- Manhole lifting and assisting with the observations and measurements.
- Locating utilities via electromagnetic locators and ground penetrating radar.
- Total station and GPS/GNSS observations.
- Working with the latest technology – Stream Up.
- Create Utility Survey drawings and Reports.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties that may arise.
- Mentor and train less experienced team members as and when required.
- Management and maintenance of survey equipment.
- Production of CAD Drawings from Survey Data.
- Post Processing of GPR Data in GREDHD and IQ Maps.
- Assistance in the overall development of the survey department.
- Adherence to Company manuals and processes.
- Ensure QA/QC Compliance.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification in a surveying related discipline (Advantageous).
- Previous experience working within a similar role, as a Utility Surveyor (2+ years).
- Experience of topographical surveys, GNSS, and robotic total stations.
- Experience of GPR and Electromagnetic Locating techniques
- Relevant qualifications such as CSCS, PTS.
- Experience using CAD software.
- Understanding of PAS128 standards.
- Full UK driving licence.
Candidates will need a full UK driving licence and will be required pass regular drugs and alcohol screening.
Flexibility in working hours, the willingness to travel and to work outside in adverse weather conditions are all essential requirements of this role.
This role will consist of 75% on site and 25% in the office (Staffordshire).
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.