Job Title: Temporary Works Coordinator
Location: Birmingham / West Midlands
Sectors: Rail, Stations, Temporary Works, Civil Engineering
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: £30,000 to £50,000 Per Annum + Strong Package (Negotiable on relevant experience/level)
Our client, a large, established and growing principal contractor within the Rail & Civil Engineering sector, is currently looking to add a Temporary Works Coordinator to their Rail team, on a permanent basis.
The role will entail delivering a £2.5 Million package of works on a live rail station, upgrading steel and cladding on a live rail station, where you will be responsible for managing a subcontractor supplying the temporary works.
You will be responsible for ensuring the contractor's procedures, for the control of temporary works, are implemented on site, also responsible for ensuring that a suitable temporary works design is prepared, checked and implemented on site in accordance with the relevant drawings and specification.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Ensuring Project’s procedures are implemented, for the control of temporary works.
- Coordinating Temporary Works design with the Temporary Works Designers.
- Ensuring responsibilities have been allocated and accepted by the relevant parties (Designated Individual, TWS and Construction team etc.)
- Managing, maintaining and updating Temporary Works Registers, ensuring the design brief is prepared by the site team.
- Leading the development of Temporary Works standards solutions.
- Reviewing Temporary Design Brief and organising TW Design Kick-off with Designer, when required.
- Maintaining records relating to the final design of the Temporary Works including drawings, calculations and other relevant documents.
- Building trust and good relationship with Construction site team and TWS.
Candidates will ideally have:
- A relevant qualification in Civil / Structural Engineering or Construction (i.e. Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent).
- SMSTS Certificate and Temporary Works Certificate (TWC/TWS etc).
- Experience of the relevant types of temporary works, i.e. scaffolding.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, able to report at both Project and Board levels.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.