Anderselite are helping a multi award-winning, forward thinking, mid-sized architecture practice in Cardiff make a key strategic hire for their office as they continue their growth.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Associate, Technical Manager or Director, to step into this role within this design-led architecture practice.
This client are a small/medium sized design-led architecture practice who have built an excellent reputation over the last decade within a number of core sectors including residential, education, commercial and sustainable design.
They have a great culture in place and the team is made up of highly talented and friendly architects across all levels. Everyone in the team feels heard and staff turnover is low. They have a flexible/hybrid working environment, staff enjoy a healthy work-life balance and staff well-being is important.
The Technical Director will have a multi faceted role, and depending on the skill-set of the successful candidate, the role can be shaped around the individual to an extent.
Examples of some of the responsibilities include:
• You will have an overview of all projects currently going through the latter work stages. You will be the clients main contact and you will guide/oversee the project team internally
• You will assist in practice management, being a senior member of the team that people feel comfortable approaching about technical problems/advice
• You will assist in up-skilling the current Associates to take on more senior-level responsibility
• You will be a member of the board and input at both high level (company direction and vision) as well as low level (what resources do the team need)
• You will deepen relationships with new and existing clients, being a face for the business and a key member of the leadership team
• Depending on if you have any particular strengths or areas of interest, these can also be incorporated into the role....
• Experienced Architect currently operating at Senior Associate, Technical Manager, Director or equivalent position
• Excellent technical knowledge and experience in project completion/delivery
• Ideally have overseen projects in a BIM/Revit environment (an ability to review technical drawings is essential)
• Experience working across Residential or Education & Commercial projects with be ideal but not essential
• An approachable personality and ability to communicate well with the internal team and external clients
• Experience being client-facing and leading small/medium, medium or large scale projects
• Experience in a previous leadership position is is desirable
The company offers an excellent salary, benefits package and flexible working hours and various other benefits.
Back to Job Search
- Sector: Architecture, Construction
- Contact: Lou Maskell
- Contact Email: Lou.Maskell@anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 01179221441
- Expiry Date: 26 May 2022
- Job Ref: 395934LML