My client is looking to appoint a Technical Manager on a permanent basis. My client is a privately owned regional developer which operates across the Midlands area. This role will focus on their West Midlands region with new sites opening up in 2022.
Purpose of the Role
- To be involved with a project from land bid or tender by providing construction technical guidance and co-ordination through to the pre-construction design and technical management functions for delivery of the development.
- Act as the Client focal point and Construction Team Co-ordinator during the construction phase of the project.
- To manage the planning and delivery of infrastructure, including services and landscaping on developments
- To manage the work and/or expectations of key project stakeholders and customers, for example project stakeholders, residential customers, external design consultants and suppliers/contractors
- Manage the technical design process of a project through planning stage to practical completion
- Co-ordinate project teams throughout the planning and development process monitoring progress to ensure the delivery of serviced land parcels on time and in budget.
- Ensure all co-ordination issues relating to tenders and contract issues are implemented between design team, construction team, employer’s agent, and client.
- Manage the technical and design process of the project from Planning Consent to Practical Completion.
- Providing technical advice on the feasibility of projects, determining constraints, and advising on budgets, phasing and timing.
- Co-ordinate consultant appointments and prepare appointment scopes, design programmes and fee budgets.
- Co-ordinate technical, design and external client issues.
- Act as the main Client contact during the Construction Phase.
- Produce the Health & Safety construction plan with the Construction Manager and issue monthly CDM statements.
- Address relevant issues with JCT Contracts, Employers Requirements, Contractors
- Proposals, Insurances, Performance Bonds, Adoption Agreements and Bonds, Warranties, etc.
- In conjunction with Environmental Consultant issue agreed sustainability/Code Pre Assessment and Energy Strategy.
- Liaise with Joint Venture Partners and Funders throughout the development process.
- Manage, agree, and complete legal adoptions of all infrastructure elements.
- Discharge S106 conditions for the developments
Key skills, experience, and qualifications
- Ability to prioritise and delegate as appropriate effectively negotiate, motivate, and communicate in order to influence others to ensure that the required objectives are met.
- Leadership skills including assertiveness, being decisive, flexible, good time management, organised, effective at leading / participating in meetings, works well under pressure and tostrict deadlines.
- Experience in a Senior Technical Coordinator role or similar but with an engineering background
- Experience of Project Management in either a development company or professional practice.
- Up to date knowledge of best practice and the latest products and specification items available in the marketplace.
- An ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management with respect to client, professional practices and site operators, both internal and external to the Company.
- An understanding of the construction process involving JCT Forms of Contract.
- Experience using a document management system such as Viewpoint/4P/Docelite
- Professional qualification from recognised institution eg. at A level, ONC/HNC, NVQ in Construction
- Degree level education or 5+ years relevant industry experience
For more information on the role please contact Paul Wilkinson on 07747441156 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org