Anderselite are working on behalf of one of the leading wholesale food service provider in the UK. They deliver 1.5 million products to thousands of restaurants, pubs, hotels, schools and hospitals throughout the UK. They are recruiting for a Technical Manager for their offices in Kent.
Working as part of the designated category team to manage all elements relating to Product, Quality, Safety, Legality and Integrity for a portfolio of suppliers and products. As a Technical Manager you will ensure you and the technical team will be supporting the business where necessary.
As a Technical Manager, you will be instrumental in rolling out and implementing tactical plans in line with the companies growth strategy and be able to bring expertise to ensure that the company deliver, whilst keeping an eye on costs and creating an inclusive team working environment.
- Ensuring a smooth running technical support service is provided.
- Using the knowledge of suppliers, products, markets and manufacturing processes to reduce or mitigate product costs and to design and develop market leading new products.
- Support for initiative to deliver against the annual growth target.
- Stay ahead of industry challenges, issues and developments.
- Share insights within the Technical, Category and Procurement teams to mitigate impact and support sales growth.
- Supplier management from initial selection and approval through conducting site visits, setting clear technical expectations, providing guidance and support, issuing performance updates and improvement plans.
- Maintain the approved supplier database and complete site visits as required, ensuring reports are documented.
- Maintaining up to date specifications for all products.
- Generate and approve own brand artwork
- Instigate product risk management action plan & develop an awareness of emerging issues, escalating within the business to mitigate business and customer impact.
- Focus on complaint trending, monitoring & root case analysis, working with suppliers to support the annual KPI.
- Instigate a robust quality assessment programme for product range.
- Provide support & input to ensure marketing literature is informative for our customers.
- Deliver innovative technical solutions which add value to the business in areas such as cost reduction and/or improved quality without cost increase.
- Support the 6 stage category management process.
- Support the team in strengthening / consolidating the supply base.
- You will be customer focused with an innovative approach to identify new ideas and methods.
- Degree with a scientific/food and/or sustainability background.
- Relevant industry experience.
- Strong analytical skills and IT skills.
- Knowledge of effective quality management & HACCP systems.
- Knowledge of European and UK legislation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Well-organized and effective project management skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Flexible and adaptable approach.
- Sound understanding of packaging development, processes and environmental issues.
- Sound understanding of current legislation.
- Sound understanding of developing trends and technologies.
- Experience in working with multi-functional teams.
- Strong, effective communication skills.
- Very good organisational and project management skills.
- A competitive salary
- Company discounts on foods and award-winning products
- Generous holiday allowance, with option to purchase more
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Real career progression and opportunities
Please send your CV
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.