My client is looking to appoint a Technical Assistant on a permanent basis to be based at their office in the Durham area. My client builds quality homes for the open market in the North East and Yorkshire areas.
The main responsibilities for the Technical Assistant position is to prepare technical drawings and collate all supporting information, secure building regulations/statutory approvals and support the design manager.
- Prepare Technical Drawings and collate all supporting information
- Prepare and co-ordinate all technical drawings and supporting information upload and circulated to relevant parties via ViewPoint and hard copies, when necessary, in line with agreed pre commencement programmes, utilising external consultants where appropriate.
- Undertake detailed assessment, co-ordination and approval of all supporting suppliers and manufacturer’s information.
- Ensure structural assessment of all technical drawings is undertaken by an approved consultant.
- Review and comment on technical content of all sales literature and legal plans to ensure compliance with technical drawings and issue information to sales and legal teams to meet requirements of Consumer Code.
- Accuracy of issue and working to tight deadlines and programmes is essential.
- Develop a close relationship with the land team to bring forward new sites and interpret technical information to form a site brief.
- Secure Building Regulations/Statutory approvals:
- Prepare, submit and secure Building Regulations and Statutory Approvals for developments.
- Ensure the timely clearance of Building Regulation and Statutory Conditions to deliver CML’s in line with HQI programme / Regional Budget.
- Provide technical support for all other departments e.g. Land, Planning, Engineering, Design, Commercial, Production, Sales, Legal, Adoptions, Customer Services.
- Provide resolution of site and other queries in close conjunction with other team members across the business to ensure continuity of land / planning / design / commercial / buying / production / sales / legal / adoption / customer services progress.
Qualifications, Experience and personal skills
- Full technical understanding and knowledge of regulatory constraints.
- A thorough understanding and previous exposure of building regulations process.
- Strong technical project management skills.
- Administration and document management experience.
- The ability to demonstrate continuing development and understanding of emerging requirements.
- AutoCAD and Revit proficiencies.
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Remains focused when faces with competing demands
- Attention to detail
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Team Player
- Good communicator
- Able to work to tight deadlines
Salary and benefits
- Excellent basic salary
- Company car or car allowance
- 26 Days holiday plus bank holidays
This is a superb opportunity to join a developer who have an excellent reputation in the market place. For more information on this role please contact Paul Wilkinson on 07747441156 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org