Job Roles: Supply Chain Manager (Severn Trent Water Region)
Location: Midlands / East Midlands (Severn Trent Water Region)
Sector: Water, AMP7, WTW, WwTW, Infrastructure, Environment Agency
Start Date: Q1/Q2 2023
Job Type: Permanent Roles
Salary: Circa £70,000 – £85,000 Per Annum + Package
**Salary is negotiable on relevant experience / level**
Our client, a large multidisciplinary Tier 1 Civil Engineering & Infrastructure Contractor, is currently recruiting a Supply Chain Manager on a permanent basis. This a regional role where you will hold responsibility for developing and implementing procurement strategy across the Severn Trent Water region, including the management regional teams, maintaining central procurement responsibilities such as management of category frameworks.
You will develop key relationships with Directors, Senior Leadership Teams, Department Heads, Operations & Project Management and Technical staff, as well clients, subcontractor and supply chain representatives, overseeing and measuring KPI’s & SLA’s, ensuring savings where required. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing staff in the buying department, including Senior Buyers, Buyers, Commercial Assistants etc.
Alongside previous experience in a similar role, applicable candidates will display resilience and drive with regards to supply chain responsibility and procurement strategy, evidencing result delivery, stakeholder management and communication, acting professional and proactively with a customer focus.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Developing, delivering and implementing procurement strategy/strategic direction across the Severn Trent Water region.
- Holding responsibility for materials, plant and subcontract spend.
- Acting as main interface with Client procurement department, proactively managing client mandatory frameworks.
- Reporting requirements to regional Senior Leadership Team and Central Management teams, assisting with setting department budgets.
- Setting and monitoring SLA’s, KPI’s, resource levels and workload making improvements where required, also monitoring budgets to ensure positive delivery vs targets.
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring compliance with processes, policies and procedures, taking part in both internal and external audits, resolving any findings.
- Working with central procurement to manage the maintenance of an approved supplier database, ensuring the supply chain is competent with HSQE management.
- Understanding and implementing quality, safety and environmental policies and targets.
- Monitoring the performance of suppliers, intervening where necessary, ensuring best delivery service levels.
- Identifying team resource issues and performance issues, advising the Senior Leadership Team.
- Proactively supporting Client procurement initiatives including attendance at collaborative workshops and buying forums, as required.
- Championing the use of the internal procurement system (IFS), promoting and upholding corporate vision and values.
- Ensure both your own and company continuous professional development, participating in external networking, staying current on industry changes and innovations.
- Maintaining a positive and solution-oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
Candidate will ideally have:
- 5+ years senior level experience in Procurement and Supply Chain, ideally in the construction/water/utility industry.
- A relevant qualification, such as a degree (Desirable).
- CIPS membership (Desirable).
- Experience using IFS procurement software/systems (Desirable).
- Process industry, supplier auditing and expediting experience (Desirable).
- Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental qualifications (Desirable).
- The ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work in a demanding and commercially complex environment.
- Strong communication and I.T skills (use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520 or via LinkedIn.