Job Title: SUDS Engineer
Location: Cambridgeshire / Norfolk / Suffolk
Sector: Civil Engineering / Infrastructure / Utilities / Construction Industry
Start Date: Q4 2023
Job Type: Permanent Role
Salary: **Salary negotiable on relevant experience and level**
Our client, a growing Construction Contractor, who operate within the Civil Engineering and Infrastructure sector, has an excellent opportunity available for a SUDS Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. In this role you will interface between customers and stakeholders, developing, designing and promoting SUDS solutions to construction projects.
The role will suit individuals with experience in undertaking design of surface water/foul sewer pipelines within the Water and Wastewater Industry. You will be responsible for developing and communicating technical sketches that meet CIRIA and British Standards, through good I.T, communication, and presentation skills, comfortable in collaborating with a range of people and groups.
Daily duties with include but are not limited to:
- Developing designs and coordinating multidiscipline teams.
- Ensuring standard products are used where possible whilst ensuring British Standards are applied.
- Applying fundamental design principles of pipelines (gravity flow), flow in open channels and SUDS features.
- Providing input to proposals, work scope, work schedule and budgets.
- Preparing Pre-Construction Information files (PCI) as required in the procurement of Ground Investigation Works and Assembly of permanent works on the Site.
- Understanding and implementing the hierarchy in risk management in design and be able to highlight Design Risk Assessments.
- Project managing in a proactive fashion, ensuring site surveys are incorporated to underpin projects being completed on time, against budget, to the required quality and safely.
- Confidently presenting solutions to internal and external stakeholders, with the ability to answer queries and establish revised solutions as required to find ‘win-win’ solutions.
- Proactively exploring innovative SUDS solutions which could be implemented to create efficiencies
Successfully candidates will ideally:
- Hold a relevant qualification or training related to SUDS (CIWEM membership also advantageous)
- Have experience of working in a similar SUDS role (Sustainable drainage systems)
- Have experience in the design of surface water/foul sewer pipelines.
- Have experience in design, both in the development and communication of technical sketches.
- Have strong I.T, Communication, Organisation and Presentation skills.
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Tim Smyth on LinkedIn or via firstname.lastname@example.org