My client is looking to appoint a Sub Agent to their growing Civils Department. They are a Tier 1 main contractor working on the Yorkshire Water Framework with great opportunities to progress internally.
As a Sub Agent, you will play a pivotal role in managing small-value civil engineering and construction sites or assisting the Site Agent and Project Manager on larger projects. Your focus will be on achieving project delivery aligned with customer objectives while upholding high standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact, and cost control.
- Maintain the commercial performance of contracts.
- Lead the successful delivery of projects.
- Create and oversee project schedules while ensuring their execution.
- Interpret drawings and specifications effectively.
- Provide engineering expertise and support to the project team.
- Ensure proper induction and compliance of staff, subcontractors, and visitors.
- Represent the business to stakeholders and official bodies.
- Achieve product delivery that meets customer satisfaction.
- Produce accurate monthly reports for clients and internal teams.
- Chair weekly site meetings in accordance with company procedures.
- Gather accurate "as-built" information.
- Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality:
- Comply with company procedures and legal obligations, promoting best practices.
- Establish safe working cultures, environmental compliance, and safe practices.
- Manage construction sites, subcontractors, and relationships.
- Keep HSEQ-related documentation up to date and provide necessary briefings.
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly inspections and audits.
- Liaise with relevant third parties and government agencies.
- Maintain the QA file and ensure snag-free project delivery.
- Populate and manage the project's cost plan.
- Maximize project value and maintain commercial tension to control costs.
- Maintain detailed and accurate site diaries/records.
- Managing Resources:
- Promptly address actual or potential resource-related issues.
- Maintain complete and accurate resource records.
Key Measures & Targets:
- Meet monthly and weekly reporting timescales.
- Adhere to Business Unit Objectives.
- Achieve 3 Pillar KPI measures.
- Customers and stakeholders.
- Subcontractors and suppliers.
- Site teams and support departments.
- Substantial experience in Civil Engineering.
- Working knowledge of NEC contract conditions, CDM regulations, design management, program and risk management, and cost control.
- Familiarity with specifications and testing regimes in civil engineering.
- Degree/HNC in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Valid CSCS card.
- Valid SMSTS card.
- Full driving license.
- Strong communication, people, and team management skills.
- Ability to challenge designs and solve problems effectively.
- Exhibit behaviors aligned with Company values.
- Working towards CEng, IEng AMICE, or equivalent.
- Experience in the water sector.
- Temporary Works Coordinator certification.
- Leadership experience.
- Service avoidance training.
- Confined space training.
- Appointed person CPCS card.
- NEBOSH or IOSH certification.
If you're a motivated and experienced Sub Agent with a proven track record in construction, eager to contribute to a forward-thinking company. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the North of England’s largest construction companies who have exciting plans for near future in the region. For more information on this role please contact Jack Burton on 07809426902 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org