Job Title: Sub Agent
Sectors: HS2, Heavy Civil Engineering, Rail, Earthworks, Groundworks, Highways, Embankments, Structures
Job Type: Permanent role
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000 Per Annum + Strong Package (Negotiable on relevant experience)
Our client, a large, established and growing principal contractor within the Rail & Civil Engineering sector, is currently looking to add Sub Agents to their HS2 team, on a permanent basis. The focus on this role will include self-delivering multi-discipline civil engineering works for HS2 Ltd, which will range from Earthworks, Groundworks, Highways, Embankments and Viaducts, all for HS2.
The role would suit an experienced Sub Agent, who has a history of delivering medium to large sizes construction projects (i.e. £5 Million - £50 Million), that are complex in nature, inclusive of heavy Civil Engineering.
In this role, you will be accountable/responsible for overseeing engineering related activities, helping to ensure timely project delivery, programme management, health and safety on site, quality of the project.
In return, our client offers an exceptional salary + package, coupled with a productive working environment & effective working processes, allowing you to achieve the desired results in the most efficient and stress-free manner.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Assist with the construction strategy, including kick-off meetings and pre-commencement documentation such as Method Statements, Environmental and Quality Plans, Construction programmes, procurement and design deliverable schedules.
• Driving HSE regulations on the project whilst ensuring projects stick to the required quality standards.
• Ensuring works meet cost and programme targets.
• Ensuring overall control of engineering and surveying accuracies, quantification, quality assurance, ITP production, monitoring and completion and documentation production and accuracy.
• Interfacing with the internal Digital Engineers and Geotechnical staff, as well as the engineering / technician functions on site.
• Managing a team of Engineers and Graduate engineers, across a dedicated project section.
• Liaising with the Section Foreman to allocate labour, plant, materials and temporary works to carry out the activities to the required standards, programme and budget.
• Manage the site engineering team and be responsible for the performance and development of Site and Section Engineers.
• Assisting with the co-ordination of construction operations, ensuring they conform to the contract requirements and the required level of safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) is a key part of this role.
Candidates will ideally have:
• A relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction (i.e. Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent).
• Previous experience working in a similar role, delivering schemes as a Senior Engineer or Agent, on relevant Rail/Construction/Heavy Civil Engineering projects.
• Relevant Qualifications such as a CSCS Card, SSSTS/SMSTS (Preferred not essential).
• Additional qualifications such as Temporary Works Supervisor, CAT and Genny, RD8000 (Advantageous).
• A strong knowledge and practical experience of Site Engineering activities on site, inclusive of Setting Out, Dimensional Control, Surveying, Checking etc.
• A strong background in heavy civil engineering, inclusive of earthworks and muckshift techniques, alongside drainage, structures, culverts and tunneling works. (Self-delivery of packages).
For more information, or to apply for this role, please contact Nat Drew on 0121 200 5520.
- Location: Oxford
- Salary: £50k - 60k per year + Package
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted 9 days ago
- Sector: Construction, Civil Engineering
- Contact: Nathaniel Drew
- Contact Email: Nathaniel.Drew@anderselite.com
- Contact Phone: 0121 200 5520
- Expiry Date: 20 June 2023
- Job Ref: 402352NDR
Job Title: Sub Agent