Job Title: Slurry Treatment Plant Specialist / STP Supervisor Foreman
Location: Birmingham / Warwick
Sector: Tunnelling, TBM, Tunnel Boring Machine, Slurry Treatment Plant, Civil Engineering
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q4 2021 (ASAP)
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 Per Annum + Overtime + Package
** Negotiable on experience. We will also consider contract candidates **
Our client, a large Civil Engineering and Infrastructure contractor, is currently recruiting a Slurry Treatment Plant Specialist or STP Supervisor / Foreman, to join their HS2 team, helping to deliver tunnelling TBM works on HS2, between Birmingham and Warwick. This role will entail working overground, not shifts, with standard day working.
The role will entail leading or controlling a section of the works, managing a team of section engineers, to ensure work is completed correctly, safely and to specification, identifying any change to works information on drawings, which will affect wider commercial and contractual implications. You will report into the Tunnel PIC (Person in Charge), as well as interfacing with other sub agents.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Guides and coaches subordinates in resolution of construction issues, drawing on experience and accepted industry best practice, and requirements and techniques of setting out.
- Reviews Method Statements and Risk Assessments and makes improvements as appropriate.
- Able to lead an Accident / Incident Investigation.
- Carry out trend analysis, identifying improvement areas from audits and near misses.
- Carries out field audits and confirms the sufficiency of control documentation
- Production and implementation of Permits to Work, specifically Confined Space Permits and Hot Works Permits.
- Strong understanding of temporary works and timescales for implementation into the works.
- Cross references section programme to bi-weekly & monthly programmes, ensuring compatibility.
- Maintains accurate diary, including dialogue with external organisations (subcontractors).
- Produces a budget from the resourced programme and monitors / reviews weekly costs.
- Involved in the procurement of subcontractors. Manages sub-contractors.
- Drafts correspondence to sub-contractors, suppliers and Client.
- Carries out Independent Inspections of their own section and of others.
- Carries out Site Audits to check works and documentation compliance.
- Coaches junior staff.
- Liaise with designer to resolve technical issues.
Candidate will ideally:
- Have a demonstrated history working within tunnelling, TBM and Slurry Treatment Plants.
- Hold a valid CSCS Card, and SMSTS / SSSTS etc.
- Understand safe system of work with tunnelling, suggesting and implements improvements.
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights (in the future).
- Have a strong knowledge of civil engineering (Tunneling, Earthworks/Drainage, Pavement, Comms, Structures, Roadworks).
- Strong understanding of requirements for handover, including certification (tunnelling).
For more information or to apply for a role, please contact Tim Smyth on 0121 200 5520.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.